PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Springs

Fraz06
10-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Hey Everyone,

I have a 1989 520i se and want to lower the car on springs as my budget doesn't stretch to a complete new suspension kit. Im looking to lower the car by 30mm front and rear on lowering springs and would like to know if i can use these springs on the original shock absorbers that are currently fitted to the car, or would i need to get shortened shock absorbers front and rear for these springs to fit and to lower the car?

many thanks

Fraser

genphreak
10-17-2006, 08:16 AM
You can use them but they won't work as well, they will damp the rebound of the spring at too calm an amount, so the car will not be so good over bumps, particularly when cornering and braking. If the shocks are already worn, this could be more dangerous than with your current springs. Many people think that the car feels alright with stock shocks on lowered springs, but that might be due to the exceptional handling/ride quality the car has normally...

632 Regal
10-17-2006, 08:45 AM
I lowered mine on stock shocks, wasn't bad. I did eventually upgrade and ended up with the Sachs/Boge turbo gas.

liquidtiger720
10-17-2006, 11:42 AM
I lowered mine on stock shocks, wasn't bad. I did eventually upgrade and ended up with the Sachs/Boge turbo gas.

Sachs/Boge turbo gas FOR THE WIN!

How much did you pay for them individually?

632 Regal
10-17-2006, 12:01 PM
79 ea for the rears...lets see, fronts... bout 100 each yep 200 for the pair at BMA

Sachs/Boge turbo gas FOR THE WIN!

How much did you pay for them individually?