PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Moderators and or Ed... spam reduction solution...

SharkmanBMW
10-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Another site I visit has also recently been overwhelmed by spam crap posts... they implemented a "moderator review" of all first and second posts, so if they are spam, the post and poster will be eliminated before the forum ever sees it.

It may be a challenge for someone to be the reviewer of these first posts, but it would solve the problem.
I will offer to do the job since I suggested it (since it could be a burden on Ed, and should be done quickly after the post is made...)

Or we could let Winfred handle it!!!!!!!!!

http://bmwquebec.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=1372

Zeuk in Oz
10-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Another site I visit has also recently been overwhelmed by spam crap posts... they implemented a "moderator review" of all first and second posts, so if they are spam, the post and poster will be eliminated before the forum ever sees it.

It may be a challenge for someone to be the reviewer of these first posts, but it would solve the problem.
I will offer to do the job since I suggested it (since it could be a burden on Ed, and should be done quickly after the post is made...)

Or we could let Winfred handle it!!!!!!!!!

http://bmwquebec.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=1372
Surely Winfred wouldn't have the time - he is always posting ! :D

SharkmanBMW
10-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Surely Winfred wouldn't have the time - he is always posting ! :D

I meant he would handle replying to the spammers HIS WAY....

don't you remember his SPAMMER response???!!!:p

"**** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU>........."

632 Regal
10-16-2006, 05:54 PM
I have been trying to keep up with the spam, PM me if you see one and as sure as god made little green apples they will disapeer.

CharlesAFerg
10-16-2006, 06:57 PM
as sure as god made little green apples they will disapeer.

:D

632 Regal
10-16-2006, 07:10 PM
test me i's trigger happy :D

Jr ///M5
10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
There's one on the main page, it's on the Mini Cooper line item. It's been there for weeks........

Nobody cares anymore.....can you wipe that camaro idiot off the map too?

632 Regal
10-16-2006, 07:41 PM
camaro is a group effort of the aussies, the thing on the cooper page is cause no one has made any posts since that one, the thread is deleted. Make a test thread and it should go away.

There's one on the main page, it's on the Mini Cooper line item. It's been there for weeks........

Nobody cares anymore.....can you wipe that camaro idiot off the map too?

ps it bugged me but I cant do anyhting about it.

mattyb
10-16-2006, 09:17 PM
fair enough. camaro has had his day

632 Regal
10-16-2006, 09:34 PM
haha, and I laughed at it thinking of all the giggles all you had. There was no way I would have deleted or anything to that.

fair enough. camaro has had his day