PDA

View Full Version : Alarm system wiring on UK spec 1995 530iA

splower
10-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Hey guys,

my 530i currently has the remains of an aftermarket alarm under the rear seat. No control units or anything, just the wiring loom that the PO had spliced into the wires going into the general module.

I recently purchased an alarm system off ebay, from a 1992 525i. (see pic below).

I've spent the morning looking it up on this forum, and cant work out how to attatch it.
My car doesnt seem to have the 12pin factory fitted socket near the battery. Could it be that this only applies to US cars?
It has three plugs on it, one of which has 12 pins, and the others are smaller with 6 or so so in each. They're not round pins, just straight ones.

My last 525i (1992 model year) had the same system, but never looked at how it was plugged in.

Cheers guys for the help
-Simon

splower
10-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Oh yeah, the part number on the control unit is 82119400859
I've tried to look on REALOEM to see if I can find if I'm missing a harness or anything, but cant seem to find the part.

splower
10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
not sure if this helps or not...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/simonpaullower/DSC00108.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/simonpaullower/DSC00107.jpg

simon-york
10-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Hey guys,

my 530i currently has the remains of an aftermarket alarm under the rear seat. No control units or anything, just the wiring loom that the PO had spliced into the wires going into the general module.

I recently purchased an alarm system off ebay, from a 1992 525i. (see pic below).

I've spent the morning looking it up on this forum, and cant work out how to attatch it.
My car doesnt seem to have the 12pin factory fitted socket near the battery. Could it be that this only applies to US cars?
It has three plugs on it, one of which has 12 pins, and the others are smaller with 6 or so so in each. They're not round pins, just straight ones.

My last 525i (1992 model year) had the same system, but never looked at how it was plugged in.

Cheers guys for the help
-Simon

Simon
I have a 1990 530i SE Manual with a Piranha module under the bonnet - you are very welcome to come and take a look over my car if you think that would help. I am afraid the car is off the road since I have no licence at present (epilepsy NOT drink!). I am in York.

splower
10-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Simon
I have a 1990 530i SE Manual with a Piranha module under the bonnet - you are very welcome to come and take a look over my car if you think that would help. I am afraid the car is off the road since I have no licence at present (epilepsy NOT drink!). I am in York.

I'm pretty certain that the module I have is meant to go under the rear seat, although I'm going to be up north in a couple of weeks, so if I havent sorted it out by then I'll get in touch.

Cheers though mate,
-Simon

Elekta
10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
I also have the Euro spec 530 with no wiring harness under the back seat. My car did not come with phone, cd player or alarm, so none of those harnesses were present.

I believe we have to tap into to wiring under the steering wheel to hook up a car alarm/remote key entry system, and I believe what we have is similar to a late 80's early 90s 7 series.

I too bought a US oem key remote system and have no wiring harness under the back seat to plug into. I am interested to read about what you find out.

email/pm if you find out anything.

best,

geoff