PDA

View Full Version : Announcing... Winners of the BMW Clubs Australia 2004 Nationals

Phil Sanderson
04-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Show and Shine 5 Series class (all models)
First Place - Geoff Hoad E34 525i
Second Place - Quentin Pinner E34 535i

After spending 4 hours on the engine bay alone and then driving 4 hours from Sydney to Canberra, Geoff seemed pretty serious about the Show & Shine - and it paid off. Quentin said he only washed his! - but he still managed a Second Place. Third Place went to a very nice E39 528i which had travelled all the way from Tasmania to Canberra, about 1000 kilometres (600 miles), including a trip accross Bass Strait in the overnight ferry - and it still looked immaculate.
photo 1: Quentin's 535i (Calypso Red) beside Geoff's 525i (black). Behind the cars we have Geoff (left) and Quentin (centre) sucking up to one of the judges - hey it worked!
photo 2: Geoff recieves his award for 1st Place
photo 3: Quentin recieves his award for 2nd Place

Alan Y
04-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Congratulations Geoff and Quentin.

Geoff, great comeback particularly after the Jag rear ended you.

Quentin, did you put clears on your car without our approval!?

Alan Yeung

Geoff Hoad
04-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Congratulations Geoff and Quentin.

Geoff, great comeback particularly after the Jag rear ended you.

Quentin, did you put clears on your car without our approval!?

Alan Yeung
Thanks Alan. As usuual, Quentin and I will be writing up our version of events and publishing that sometime this week. But the weekend was awesome!

Geoff

Brian C.
04-12-2004, 08:19 PM
I mean, he DOES look rather dashing in that penguin suit, but I wonder how many people asked him to clear their tables? :D :D :D
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=179
"1st Prize......shaken, not stirred......"
As usual, both their cars look worthy of any and all accolades that come their way. I'm wondering though, that E39 must have been pretty darn sweet if it beat out Quentin's beauty for 2nd Place. That, or it's trunk was filled with cold beer! :p

It seems the many of us have diverged a bit from our usual posting habits, but it's nice to see you guys representing the E34 family so admirably. Seems like it's time for your outing at Wakefield soon, huh?

Take Care, and thanks for the update Phil.........

Brian C.

Geoff Hoad
04-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Just one quick update. Quentin actually got second, not third. And his car was awesome. the guy from Tasmania had a newer car which went against him a bit. But the Q's car was great to look at. And anyway, I wasn't going as a waiter but as a Penguin. (Musta been the fattest Penguin there... :)

Geoff