PDA

View Full Version : Sachs kit missing parts?

NJHokie
10-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Ordered the Sachs kit from BMA and it came with the shocks, springs and collar nuts. Nothing more. I was under the impression (lowell's site?) that front 22mm sheaths, rear spring pans and modified front bump stops were included as well? Contacted Pat and he said it differs from car to car.
Luckily the dealer has some bump stops in stock that i'm going to pick up tomorrow morning before I start this project.

Evan
10-13-2006, 05:07 PM
how much was the kit?

did you order upper and lower spring pads?

how about rear shock mounts (and possibly front strut mounts)

genphreak
10-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Which are the correct bump stops for your car (if it was ordered with M-tech suspension- this is what the sashs kit is, short of the thinner front springs pads and M-car rear trailing arms and bushes).

Don't put the wrong ones on unless you want to ride them instead of the springs! (Now it will have lowered springs you might need to get shortened stops...)

Rear mounts you will definately need, I'd suggest dog bones too since you are going in might as well do them too. :) Nick

NJHokie
10-13-2006, 05:30 PM
how much was the kit?

did you order upper and lower spring pads?

how about rear shock mounts (and possibly front strut mounts)

It was $690 shipped. Ok deal I guess?
I did not order spring pads because Pat advised they should still be ok. I'll see when I got in there. My car only has 60k on it so i'm thinking everything should be in decent shape.
I did order new rear shock mounts and bump stops. I found the part #'s on realoem and confirmed on pelican/bma. I got the standard stops, i did not have an Mtech suspension.
Dog bones huh? I'll see if the dealer has them.
Thanks guys.

632 Regal
10-13-2006, 05:36 PM
stock bumpstops will be too tall...
http://www.bimmer.info/~regal632/Bumpstops.htm

632 Regal
10-13-2006, 05:38 PM
oops, wrong link:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=21412&highlight=bumpstops

NJHokie
10-13-2006, 05:51 PM
oops, wrong link:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=21412&highlight=bumpstops

wow, i really need to cut the stock front stops down like this and glue back together?
i read your linked post, just cutting the bottom off won't work? cause i'll probably have to wait a day for the glue to dry. :(

632 Regal
10-13-2006, 06:07 PM
order the stops and glue them then do the swap over. you wont like the stock stops in there, riding on them is like sticking boards instead of shocks in them.

wow, i really need to cut the stock front stops down like this and glue back together?
i read your linked post, just cutting the bottom off won't work? cause i'll probably have to wait a day for the glue to dry. :(

NJHokie
10-13-2006, 06:10 PM
what about using m5 stops? they are shorter right? just more expensive?

Jehu
10-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Ordered the Sachs kit from BMA and it came with the shocks, springs and collar nuts. Nothing more. I was under the impression (lowell's site?) that front 22mm sheaths, rear spring pans and modified front bump stops were included as well? Contacted Pat and he said it differs from car to car.
Luckily the dealer has some bump stops in stock that i'm going to pick up tomorrow morning before I start this project.

Bump stops are for pussies... I/m rolling w/o bump stops now for many thousands of miles mang and i say **bleep** you bump stops you ain't all that!