PDA

View Full Version : old and brave goofy car

rapidel
10-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi, clever guys

A few days ago, the "warning signal" switched on without control, and a while later switched off and on again randomly. No observable frequency or period. As it is not yet Christmas time, I feel a bit bothered by such a phenomenon, as obviously (and furthermore) the blinkers are unefficient when it appears.
When fortunately this latter is off, everything works properly.
I would appreciate some ideas.
Thank you in advance.

Dave M
10-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Hmmmm, what is a "warning signal"? Have yet to see that one. I wish mine would appear when I feel like pulling into the 'ballet', or going for fast food. How can something mess with your turn indicators?

Maybe someone else will know what you speak of. Sorry for wasting your time.

Dave M

zygoteer
10-12-2006, 12:47 PM
As a relatively new comer to posting. I'm sure you have read the sticky "Newbies: Please Read Before Posting (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14093) " and ":: NEWBIES, Must Read !! (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=25258)"
So why haven't you given a clue as to which car model you have etc ? as not all BMW's have the same systems, ... unless of course, you are doing this in the Title, in which case I confess that I have never heard of the 'BMW Goofy' or 'BMW Brave', so I can't help with your model of BMW.
However, many of our BMW's are indeed old - bit like me.

steve0suprem0
10-12-2006, 12:54 PM
As a relatively new comer to posting. I'm sure you have read the sticky "Newbies: Please Read Before Posting (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14093) " and ":: NEWBIES, Must Read !! (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=25258)"
So why haven't you given a clue as to which car model you have etc ? as not all BMW's have the same systems, ... unless of course, you are doing this in the Title, in which case I confess that I have never heard of the 'BMW Goofy' or 'BMW Brave', so I can't help with your model of BMW.
However, many of our BMW's are indeed old - bit like me.

youch. you guys can sure get brutal on here. even a "relative newcomer."

Hmmmm, what is a "warning signal"? Have yet to see that one. I wish mine would appear when I feel like pulling into the 'ballet', or going for fast food. How can something mess with your turn indicators?

Maybe someone else will know what you speak of. Sorry for wasting your time.

pretty sure he's talking about the hazard flashers.

my mom told me that if i haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. which is usually why i end up keeping my mouth shut for the most part. i wonder which takes up more bandwidth: people not searching and not posting up all their info, or the resulting flaming that just doesn't fix the problem but adds to it? my $0.02. mouth once again firmly shut.

632 Regal
10-12-2006, 01:08 PM
a while back it was the norm to break in the noob's

angrypancake
10-12-2006, 01:28 PM
a while back it was the norm to break in the noob's

still is.

HDhandyman
10-12-2006, 01:53 PM
I don't think anybody got flamed. I can't even tell WTF the original poster is talking about.---??????? (anybody else??)

All that was pointed out was the fact that the most basic principles concerning this forum were not followed, i.e. not doing what any new guy is supposed to do when they walk in on a forum---reading the sticky that is posted for noobs. What's the big deal with pointing it out to the guy? He should have read it, and if he didn't understand it his first post should have been "how do I manage my user profile?", not "old and brave goofy car".

spyrot1
10-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Search first...

I had the same problem, sometimes when I started the car the hazards would go on. Turns out it was an electrical wiring problem for me, but it could be as simple as a blown fuse for you. Check under the rear seat.

I figure it out by serching this forum...

E34-520iSE
10-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I think 'OLD' is a 2002 and 'BRAVE' is a new M6. Apart from that, I dunno? Is your battery OK?

Cheers,

Shaun

Dave M
10-12-2006, 03:19 PM

pretty sure he's talking about the hazard flashers.

my mom told me that if i haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. which is usually why i end up keeping my mouth shut for the most part. i wonder which takes up more bandwidth: people not searching and not posting up all their info, or the resulting flaming that just doesn't fix the problem but adds to it? my $0.02. mouth once again firmly shut.

I wasn't trying to be 'smart'. In fact I posted in reply as I saw the poster was new and hate seeing such things get washed off the page due to insufficient info. I think I had some fun writing it and wasn't trying to be offensive. In all honesty, I had no clue what the poster meant by hazard signals, but now I do :)

BTW, sarcasm and forums don't get along very well. Keep that in mind when you think someone is getting rubbed the wrong way. I won't say anything about what your mom said ;)

Dave M

Dave M
10-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Just read mine again and i think i was pretty nice. I'm gonna go buy myself a cookie :)

E34-520iSE
10-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Aha! I think I know what it is - his alarm's going screwy, flashing the hazard lights when he's driving along. Check your alarm wiring Rapidel!

HTH,

Shaun

angrypancake
10-12-2006, 03:38 PM

not really, only if they're a real douchebag.

you should hear what your mom told me....http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/984/1shiftywb0.gif

Traian
10-13-2006, 01:49 AM
Em, that original post reads a lot like a babelfish translation, some kind of beta babelfish translation.... if he doesn't speak english, and he ran the stickies through babelfish and they came out somewhat like his post, then I can understand him having no clue where or what to search.

Evan
10-13-2006, 02:05 AM
what year and model is your car?

where do you live?