PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I thought Aussie's didn't like guns

Airborne001
10-11-2006, 08:34 PM
http://www.glumbert.com/media/flash/player.swf?file=carshoot&autostart=true&fs=true

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-11-2006, 08:50 PM
http://www.glumbert.com/media/flash/player.swf?file=carshoot&autostart=true&fs=true

their government dosen't like them.

NRA life Member

myles
10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
their government dosen't like them.

and the vast majority of us who live here don't like them either.

What's the link meant to go to? all i get is a list of videos, the only one with guns is with water pistols.

edit - nevermind, that site doesn't like firefox

myles
10-11-2006, 09:31 PM

That video is of Jeremey Clarkson, and he is a pom

You're not a Top Gear follower?

Michael999
10-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Cant see the video, but as i live in australia..
Im happy we dont have many guns, i would be even happier if they were even more strictly sold and governed.

sKilled
10-12-2006, 03:29 AM
Pity they are so strict as well when it comes to airsoft and paintball - one reason I wouldn't move to oz. But compared to the costs of living in NZ, it is the only reason.

Airborne001
10-12-2006, 04:59 AM
That video is of Jeremey Clarkson, and he is a pom

What is a pom?

I've seen him once or twice, but usually just stuff people post here. Do they have a regular site you can watch the shows on?

myles
10-12-2006, 05:14 AM
What is a pom?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_words_for_British#Pommy

Its on TV here sometimes. It's the BBCs best show.

saluki540i
10-12-2006, 10:34 AM
I just submitted this link to the Internation Merkur Owners Network forum, of which I'm part of. The Ford Scorpios are known as Merkur Scorpios over here and this probably will get me banished from the forum.

saluki540i
10-12-2006, 10:36 AM
BTW, a POM is a prisoner of mother england, if I remember correctly. I do not believe it to be a term of endearment.

calmloki
10-12-2006, 11:16 AM
and the vast majority of us who live here don't like them either......

Ladders, hot exhaust pipes, acetylene torches, Blue point wrenches, exercise equipment, cats, sugary drinks that rot my teeth, and the weather have all been involved with doing more damage to me than guns. Cars and driving present me with a much greater risk. I appreciate the machine work and design of various guns. Also like things that go boom and have an effect on distant objects.

Tom (pistols, rifles, soft spoken and polite)

The Bigfella
10-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Having seen both the Queens St and Hoddle St massacre guns, and the original diaries of the two clowns who pulled the triggers - it wasn't the guns that were dangerous. Anyone as F$%ked up as them would have found another way of killing people if they didn't have guns.

I'm a licenced gun owner - with the appropriate storage arrangements. The main difference between the US and Oz re guns is that defence isn't accepted as a valid reason for ownership here. Guns need to be in a gun safe with ammo in a separately locked storage area. Quite frankly, if guns were totally banned - and the cops got serious about removing weapons, I wouldn't mind too much, but the problem is that the nutters have the illegal guns - and there is where the problem is. In the US, I get the feeling that theres plenty of nutters with legal guns.

I had a meths addict have a serious go at me with a hatchet about 18 months ago - whilst screaming that he was going to kill my kids - we are talking hands on throats, swinging hatchet stuff here. The only way a gun could have been used in this case would have been a loaded pistol on my person - given that I answered a knock at the door then got attacked. My daughter called the cops - 9 turned up, but they did nothing because no-one else saw the hatchet. He moved out about a week later, after $1,500 lawyers fees, but if he'd come back there would have been no doubt about the hatchet - with no need for a gun. Its illegal for me to leave the yard with my sword - but nothing stopping me from having it where I can get it in a hurry - and apparently like force with like force is justifiable.

Nick.Hay
10-12-2006, 11:54 PM
We DO like guns.... Just that we are not allowed to have them.