PDA

View Full Version : putting out a call for the following various BROKEN parts ...

ryan roopnarine
04-12-2004, 11:36 AM
we can discuss how much you want for them and shipping if you have them. I am looking for BROKEN items, for which i can write repair procedures for, or at very least, produce cutaways of.

front or rear shock absorbers (pair)
the m20/m50 radiator coolant level sensor
windshield washer fluid level sensor
fuel pumps
front sway bar links
(maybe) rear sway bar links
thrust arms with broken or dying ball joints (no bushing needed)

i'm not sure how much of this stuff i'll actually end up needing, but if you have it in your garage as an artifact, and don't care about parting with it, i'll at least see if i can make an acceptable offer for it.

632 Regal
04-12-2004, 11:46 AM
front shock absorbers (pair)

front sway bar link (1)

thrust arms with broken or dying ball joints w bushings (pair)

there yours for shipping costs.

ryan roopnarine
04-12-2004, 12:00 PM
an appointment with a tank of n2 and a couple of containers of shock oil then....yer pm queue, if you please.

Scott H
04-12-2004, 12:01 PM
just a serious question

ryan roopnarine
04-12-2004, 12:16 PM
rid of it? most of the stuff i've had to do to it I consider somewhat routine.

headgasket
water pump+thermostat
1 tow for an icv hose that blew off
flex disc
new battery+ engine computer after sitting out exposed in the elements for 1 fla summer
1 used fuel injector and 1 coilpack
voltage regulator
run of the mill inspection II stuff, microfilter &c.
regular oil changes

(not too regular)
wire harness in tranny needed soldering
screwdriver in shift hardware at transmission needed extricating
cleaned shifter switch
the shift plate thingy is broken, so i'm looking for salvage
2 headlight bulbs
intermittent defective washer fluid sensor
coolant sensor defective if driven for more than an hour at highway speeds
55-65 mph shimmy (so the bushings are ready to be replaced)
one side sway bar link (unlikely, but i want to take it off and refurb the joint if possible and check clearances+ play on the ball)
shock absorbers in there are not to my mom's liking, so she won't ride in the car if i'm in town, creating a lot more hassle than you would think, or that i can explain

2 door panels need adhesive
headliner is sagging

as much as i bitch about the car, and despite it having been in the shop for a long time for the HG, i've put 11,000 miles on the car in 6 months, despite me taking the bus to school every day (it doesn't necessarily get driven every day), and netted an average of 21.1 mpg during that time. i know the problems with it, and if i'm responsible for remunerating myself for labour costs, they are well worth it in my opinion, and i haven't spent more than 500 on parts yet.

the parts i'm asking for are ones that are going to be dissected and tried on my car before i attempt repairs on the ones on mine, as some are high risk (balljoint replacement, shock absorber r+r), there's a high likelihood i might destroy them, that's why i want other ppl's defective units. most of my desire to dissect such things is derived from my own personal curiousity, not necessarily because my car needs them.

regular oil

just a serious question

AllanS
04-12-2004, 12:18 PM
I have:

front sway bar links
rear sway bar links
thrust arms with bushings

all are in good condition though... lmk if you need them.