PDA

View Full Version : eletrical problem

ray
10-10-2006, 06:27 PM
I have a 1992 525i bmw recently i have been having a problem with the electric every time i turn on the lights the sound on my raido goes out does anybody have a clue.

stu1
10-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Does the radio switch off, or does the volume just lower to nothing?

mitch2k
10-11-2006, 01:15 AM
Just had the same problem at my Renault van with a Sony radio... The ATT wire (wire to mute the radio, should be connected to carkit) was touching the wire from the lights. So when you putted the lights on, the radio tought there was a phonecall, and muted the sound..

NakedSunday
10-11-2006, 03:01 AM
I just started having a similar problem.... I don't have to have the lights on, but if I use ANY electrical accessory it speeds up the process. The volume starts to lower and then it seems that the sound cuts to only one side... it then completely goes silent, the deck is still lit up and I can change stations and everything. My first uneducated guess was that my alternator was going bad (I've been hearing a noise from the pulley for some time now), or the connections on my battery might be faulty (i've noticed a slight decrease in starting power recently also).

ray
10-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Does the radio switch off, or does the volume just lower to nothing?
the sound just goes out but the lights on thr raido stays on and its not all the time some times when the lights are on and i push the brake pedal it goes out