PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my MegaView installed

Jon K
10-09-2006, 08:08 PM
I finally got around to making a faceplate for my MegaView digital dash. The hardest part really was figuring out how i wanted to cover it. I used black alcantara like the rest of my interior. the angle of the alcantara makes it look different than the rest but its not. The serial cable was hard to run too because the connectors are big so I had to be creative with a screw driver and a coat hanger.

http://e34.digital7.com/MegaView/1.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/MegaView/3.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/MegaView/4.jpg

Works for me :)

Macv
10-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Absolutely awesome, why is your vent sticking out?

Any way I can get you to write me/sell me a write up on how to install a CarPC like you did? It is just too incredible and if I'm gonna do it, I'd like to do it right.

Jon K
10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
What vent?

Dave M
10-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Nice job.....again. Never noticed the PC. It that it bootin up? I'd ask more questions, but it ain't really my bag.

I think Mac is referring to the large top of dash vent which, much like mine, isn't seated perfectly in the dash. Yours seems to poke out on either side a bit. Probably out of your range of abilities, might want to think about selling her ;)

Dave M

Mr Project
10-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Vent on top of the dash, looks like the edges are curling up a little. Mine is doing the same thing.

I don't remember much about the megaview...will it let you make changes, or does it just display pre-selected outputs from the megasquirt?

I'm thinking if I eventually get to turbo the M30, I'd like to be able to set up maps for 0psi (highway fuel economy), 7psi(twisty driving), and 12psi(drag racing). I'm not sure if you can do that with the megasquirt setups or not....need to do a little reading.

azale
10-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Nice work. How is visibility while you're driving? Good active matrix?

. . . And we think you are cool no matter how many keys are on your keyring. You don't have to put more on there for the picture just to impress us :p

BigKriss
10-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Looks good but I thought you would put some aftermaket gauges in that position! With the megaquirt ecu, does the OBC still retain all it's features?

Cereal Killa
10-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Looks good but I thought you would put some aftermaket gauges in that position! With the megaquirt ecu, does the OBC still retain all it's features?

Megaview basically is a gauge, but for lots of things.

BigKriss
10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
I was thinking of oil temp, coolant temp, transmission temp not the values that the megaview can read.

Megaview basically is a gauge, but for lots of things.

Cereal Killa
10-09-2006, 10:28 PM
I was thinking of oil temp, coolant temp, transmission temp not the values that the megaview can read.

I know it does coolant temp. I believe that MS can be wired for oil/trans but i'm not sure.

Thayne
10-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Looks great!

Jon K
10-09-2006, 10:54 PM
You can add oil pressure, egt, etc to MS but it's not worth it. If my trans gets too hot I am not going to know about it until it blows the hell up so I don't think theres any point in monitoring that.

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-09-2006, 11:25 PM
http://www.knightrideronline.com/

Or is it David Hasselhoff?

BigKriss
10-10-2006, 02:10 AM
nice

You can add oil pressure, egt, etc to MS but it's not worth it. If my trans gets too hot I am not going to know about it until it blows the hell up so I don't think theres any point in monitoring that.

Randell
10-10-2006, 02:28 AM
that's pretty sweet but you're gonna need a hard disk in that thing to be able to do anything!

Paul in NZ
10-10-2006, 03:19 AM
sheesh Jon you make everything......look so damn cool!

Jon K
10-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Kriss lol why do you have my sig

Macv
10-10-2006, 02:00 PM
It happens to be one of the sexiest :)

Alexlind123
10-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Absolutely awesome, why is your vent sticking out?

Any way I can get you to write me/sell me a write up on how to install a CarPC like you did? It is just too incredible and if I'm gonna do it, I'd like to do it right.

my vent is doing that too.

dmenheere
10-10-2006, 04:47 PM
"why is your vent sticking out?"

The vent isn't sticking out, your dash is sagging. Maybe see it up by the windshield too where it will have a wave along the front. I think heat/sun causes it too sag.

Already replaced mine with a used one and If I find a nice one might do it again.

cheers,

Dave Menheere

DABIMR
10-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Very nice!! And a question, any writeups on that steering wheel setup? Is it the Sport Package wheel from an E39/E46? Where did you get it? Pretty easy install? Thanks..:D

Alexlind123
10-10-2006, 07:14 PM
"why is your vent sticking out?"

The vent isn't sticking out, your dash is sagging. Maybe see it up by the windshield too where it will have a wave along the front. I think heat/sun causes it too sag.

Already replaced mine with a used one and If I find a nice one might do it again.

cheers,

Dave Menheere

Hey, you will be saggy too someday, young man!

BigKriss
10-10-2006, 10:13 PM
I like it!

Kriss lol why do you have my sig