PDA

View Full Version : Crunch

Beez540
10-09-2006, 06:29 PM
while backing out of my driveway today, I had just about made the full curve onto the street... WHAM! my neighbor backed her shiny white Prius directly into the drivers side of my car. Both doors are pretty much fubared, the center pillar of the car down towards the rocker panel is fouled up a bit too. Rear door doesn't shut properly. Still drives the same, although noisier now that the doors aren't sealing properly. Great way to start the day.:(

the good news... the SUSPN LEVELING check code I was getting all weekend hasn't lit up all day!:D ( I'm fairly positive I don't have a leveling suspension anyway).

Felixdacat
10-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Is she going to pay for the repair?

stu1
10-09-2006, 06:37 PM
I take it she's insured (I do hope) and is patently at fault, but all the same it's rather gutting to see your pride and joy dented.

(Slightly OT sorry, but do e34's have side impact bars?)

SnakeyesTx
10-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Better check your states "totalling" rules. Some places will write-off the car if the pillar between the doors is damaged.

Beez540
10-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Better check your states "totalling" rules. Some places will write-off the car if the pillar between the doors is damaged.

damn... well, even if that's the case... it seems to be driving fine. I would just cash the "totaled" check, have the body work done, and live with the money + a perfectly good car with a salvage title.