PDA

View Full Version : waay OT: Older women (long post)

BlueM60
10-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Ok, Im just looking for any other guys here who dig women older than they are. Im 24 and have always dated girls my age give or take a year. I have always dealt with what seems like major immaturity issues with them; not to say all girls my age are immature but Ive always felt like I wasnt on the same page. I recently met this young lady who is 35, doesnt have any kids and has been married/ divorced one. I have to say besides finding her physically attractive I have never gotten along with a female so well and felt that we were on the same phsycological level. I have never really gotten along with anyone my age that well honestly, alot (not all) of guys/ girls may age are, well, stupid. I dont know where, if anywhere Ill take it with this girl due to age diff, but we'll see. Sorry for the long post guys, but Im on one of my post hangover just waking mental states. -Ben

632 Regal
10-08-2006, 11:18 AM
I like em young, dumb and full of uhhh....nevermind.

Jay 535i
10-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Ok, Im just looking for any other guys here who dig women older than they are. Im 24 and have always dated girls my age give or take a year. I have always dealt with what seems like major immaturity issues with them; not to say all girls my age are immature but Ive always felt like I wasnt on the same page. I recently met this young lady who is 35, doesnt have any kids and has been married/ divorced one. I have to say besides finding her physically attractive I have never gotten along with a female so well and felt that we were on the same phsycological level. I have never really gotten along with anyone my age that well honestly, alot (not all) of guys/ girls may age are, well, stupid. I dont know where, if anywhere Ill take it with this girl due to age diff, but we'll see. Sorry for the long post guys, but Im on one of my post hangover just waking mental states. -Ben

Age don't matter. If you dig her, go for it.

Do keep in mind, though, that her child-bearing years are near an end, if that matters to you.

Otherwise, I say do what makes you happy.

Jay 535i
10-08-2006, 11:20 AM

I would expect that you would prefer to leave them that way rather than find find that way... ?

BlueM60
10-08-2006, 11:25 AM
True, a concept Ive also considered, and yes. I do want little kiddies. Im also the only slag here that enjoys an older lady, one that has taken care of herself of course.

CarloE34
10-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey Ben,

My wife is 60 and i am 40.I dated her when i was 26 and see here,were still together.My story is the same as yours and beside that she has still a great body,you know what i mean:D, She dont act like 60.It is the other way round to,i keep her young.

Give it a try;)

632 Regal
10-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I find them young and dumb, then add the filling...:D
I would expect that you would prefer to leave them that way rather than find find that way... ?

Evan
10-08-2006, 05:33 PM
24 and 35 is perfect... enjoy the learning experience

genphreak
10-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Psychologists say we are attracted to partners with similar traits to our parents.

Did you ever read Oedipus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus)? I don't mean to comment about your relationship, I cannot. Just that the theories and works (there's a lot more than the one most of us know (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus_complex)) around the myth can be an interesting read, especially when dating an older woman.

I had an older gf once by only 3 years. She was brilliant, mature-er than most, but strangely damaged in ways I didn't get in the beginning too (but that was my immaturity showing!)

We all have 'baggage' but the older ones can (but not necessarily) be carrying a lot more of it... :) Have heaps of fun, Nick!

Jehu
10-08-2006, 06:09 PM
The very first female i ever asked out was 25, 7 years my senior.We carried on from after that first date veeerrry hot and heavy meeting for passionate make out sessions after work in her car, she had a big old '68 Impala:). She took me around to parties and i was in love until.... on the phone one day after a couple of weeks of this, talking for hours as we did, she said 'this' couldn't go anywhere because she was...... ENGAGED! Her Fiancé was a rich Columbian who was still down in Bogotá but their wedding date was fast approaching. She said we could still go out and carry on as we had but she didn't want me to think it could lead anywhere...:( So we turned up the heat till one night everything blew up,lol....I 'knew' one other older woman a few years later out in California. A divorce of 40 something..Jyoti,means light in Hindu i think... one of those new agers.

Nick.Hay
10-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Man, it sounds promising!!

I have no advice for you, sorry. But if it seems ok, then go for it!!

All the best :D :D

Zeuk in Oz
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM
I agree with Jay.

If she is the one, who cares about an age difference. (11 years is significant but hardly major).

Discuss the subject of children now though ! ;)

calmloki
10-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Huh. I thought it was 15 is too young, 36 is too old, 24 is just right. That's the way my BMW six fires anyway!

24 and 35 is perfect... enjoy the learning experience

ricola
10-08-2006, 09:05 PM
In another life, I was 18 she was 35, she got want she wanted for 6 months and moved on. I had nothing more to offer in the way of financial support. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

BigKriss
10-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Wow, I asked a HB7 who was 35 for her phone number on friday night, only to be told she doesn't give out her phonenumer :( Post some pics of her! Edit: Remember the rule- If you don't get a root after 12 hours of overall contact (can be spread over several days / meets). You probably never will.

BigKriss
10-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Wow another example of a woman who cheats on her boyfriend / partner. Nice one!

The very first female i ever asked out was 25, 7 years my senior.We carried on from after that first date veeerrry hot and heavy meeting for passionate make out sessions after work in her car, she had a big old '68 Impala:). She took me around to parties and i was in love until.... on the phone one day after a couple of weeks of this, talking for hours as we did, she said 'this' couldn't go anywhere because she was...... ENGAGED! Her Fiancé was a rich Columbian who was still down in Bogotá but their wedding date was fast approaching. She said we could still go out and carry on as we had but she didn't want me to think it could lead anywhere...:( So we turned up the heat till one night everything blew up,lol....I 'knew' one other older woman a few years later out in California. A divorce of 40 something..Jyoti,means light in Hindu i think... one of those new agers.

Jehu
10-08-2006, 10:18 PM
To her credit she's at least remained married to him and maybe her last fling with me allowed her to remain utterly faithful thru out their marriage. In my view, until a marriage has taken place there is nothing wrong with dating an otherwise involved woman. I used be highly chivalrous and if i knew a woman was even interested in another man i wouldn't thereunto direct my romantic attentions .

BigKriss
10-08-2006, 10:34 PM
lol you are a player. 622 Regal maybw getting a run for his money!

To her credit she's at least remained married to him and maybe her last fling with me allowed her to remain utterly faithful thru out their marriage. In my view, until a marriage has taken place there is nothing wrong with dating an otherwise involved woman. I used be highly chivalrous and if i knew a woman was even interested in another man i wouldn't thereunto direct my romantic attentions .

Airborne001
10-09-2006, 04:44 AM
If you get along and have a good time with each other, then the hell with what other people think. One of the most wonderful women I have ever gone out with was 14 years older than me, another very nice lady I dated for 2 years was 10 years younger. Don't let age hang you up. The most important thing you can do is simply be honest with each other about what you are looking for, so noone ends up in a situation they didn't want.

Keep things honest and up front, and make your own decisions about who you should spend time with.

califblue
10-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Older Women Rock but so do Younger Women...Hell All Women get my motor runnin':D

Andy Rooney says:

"As I grow in age, I value older women most of all. Here are just a
few reasons why:

An older woman will never wake you in the middle of the night to
ask, What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

An older woman knows herself well enough to be assured in who she
is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the
age of 50 give a damn what you might think about her.

An older single woman usually has had her fill of "meaningful
relationships" and "commitment." The last thing she needs in her
life is another dopey, clingy, whiny, dependent lover!

Older women are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match
with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant.
Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they
think they can get away with it.

Most older women cook well. They care about cleanliness and are
generous with praise, often undeserved.

An older woman has the self-assurance to introduce you to her
women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even
her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women.
Older women couldn't care less.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your
sins to an older woman. They always know.

An older woman looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is
not true of younger women or drag queens.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off
you are a jerk if you are acting like one.

Yes, we praise older women for a multitude of reasons.
Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart,
well-coifed babe of 70 there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow
pants making a fool of himself with some 22 year old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize for all of us. That men are genetically
inferior is no secret. Count your blessings that we die off at a far
younger age, leaving you the best part of your lives to appreciate
the exquisite woman you've become, without the distraction of some
demanding old man clinging and whining his way into your serenity."

Signed: Andy Rooney

zman-95-540i
10-09-2006, 10:26 AM
This has got to be the most OT - OT post I've seen yet.

632 Regal
10-09-2006, 10:45 AM
it does say way OT
This has got to be the most OT - OT post I've seen yet.

mikell
10-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Rule Numer One - no crazy women. You just can't fix one that really screwed up. If she gets past that, go for it.

Gayle
10-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Mike--now I know why you make such a good friend. And I agree--all women get your motor runnin'.

As the older woman of the board, I edited it down to what I can relate to. Cooking is highly over-rated.:D

And the part about paunchy men is true. Hubby has stayed slim and strong and still has good hair (which makes up for lack of mechanical ability), but if he croaks, I am definitely going to have to go younger. Except there is that whole issue of guys develop more sensivity as they get older and they actually develop listening skills. (Guys--listening is the best foreplay). The ideal guy has a hard body and a soft tender heart but is not dependent or clingy--difficult combination to find.

Older Women Rock but so do Younger Women...Hell All Women get my motor runnin':D

An older woman knows herself well enough to be assured in who she
is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the
age of 50 give a damn what you might think about her.

An older single woman usually has had her fill of "meaningful
relationships" and "commitment." The last thing she needs in her
life is another dopey, clingy, whiny, dependent lover!

Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they
think they can get away with it.

Most older women are generous with praise, often undeserved.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your
sins to an older woman. They always know.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off
you are a jerk if you are acting like one.

BlueM60
10-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Wow thanks for all the posts guys, I must say I really have gained a new respect for women after meeting Jenn. "Girls" are what the rest seems to be. Im sure we'll keep hanging out and I have no plans or ideas what will happen, but we have fun. This is a very off topic but very refreshing thread.

-Ben

Digita1 Ecstasy
10-09-2006, 10:25 PM

LOL :p

So basically 48% of all girls 16-25

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Let's troll the old folks home

Gayle
10-09-2006, 11:37 PM

Hey Jeff--What you going to do when the chicks under 34 get where they won't bother with you anymore? Celibacy?

Or are you going to troll the old folks home with Bob searching for a gum job? Web cam in hand--sharing the experience with less fortunate friends? Or become a gigalo for the blue hairs? :D As ageist as you are--I find that thought hysterical. Age will happen to you too my friend.

angrypancake
10-09-2006, 11:49 PM
I am definitely going to have to go younger.

woohoo

angrypancake
10-09-2006, 11:51 PM
fwiw i've never dated a younger girl/woman. they have their **** together, priorities straight, and can keep my dumb ass in line. and show me a trick or two ;). oldest was 33 when i was 18, currently 20 (me) 22(her)

ryan roopnarine
10-10-2006, 01:27 AM

well, iggy pop has had it in the ear before, so you aren't that bad off...

genphreak
10-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey Kristian, I know you don't need the help but I have backed up some 'filez' for u bro. I'll give them to you on Friday when Bimmerman picks you up! It's all org'd for you dude.

Gayle
10-10-2006, 07:48 AM
woohoo

Yeah well. I think you are hot too. :) Hubby better worry if you really do move to CA.

karmann
10-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Well i guess women are like cars if they look good and fun to ride,you don't really care about the problems.i guess thats why we drive bimmers... :)

632 Regal
10-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Age is of NO consequence...ever!

Age will happen to you too my friend.

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Where the American dollar can make old geezers feel appreciated in many ways.

tim s
10-10-2006, 02:10 PM
he was 23 & she was 30 something. he broke it off because he lived a very active life style, but she no longer wanted to do those things.
don't forget she has accomplished a lot more things since she is older.
other than that enjoy.
tim s.

Gayle
10-10-2006, 07:54 PM
I think I detect the infamous double standard. Your age is of no consequence...ever. But...

When it comes to women, do you deny having said your policy is not to get involved with anyone over 35 and if they hit 35, they are out the door--Mr. Forty Something?

It's ok Jeff. I love you even if you are an ageist hypocrite. Just don't feed us the "age is no consequence" crap when you really don't mean it. And be prepared for me to give you a hard time when you get fat and bald. :p

Age is of NO consequence...ever!

winfred
10-10-2006, 08:11 PM
i can make pizza and beer

Cooking is highly over-rated.:D

Macv
10-10-2006, 09:16 PM

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6441/asdfuz0.jpg

winfred
10-10-2006, 09:37 PM
nah the bam was the other day after i made bean/cheese burritos bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbam

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6441/asdfuz0.jpg

Gayle
10-10-2006, 10:25 PM

And I can make reservations. :)

angrypancake
10-10-2006, 11:38 PM
My mom makes awesome food....

rob101
10-11-2006, 12:01 AM
My mom makes awesome food....
This may provoke a lecture about freudian psychology from genphreak once again.

angrypancake
10-11-2006, 12:19 AM
hmmm now that i read that and compare it to the original topic of teh thread, yeah Freud can be applied. my thought process (definitely not my subconscious either) was completey altered after the discussion changed to making food. since i haven't had a decent meal in a while, mom's home cooking is forefront in the mind.

Zeuk in Oz
10-11-2006, 12:27 AM
mom's home cooking is forefront in the mind.

Isn't this the point where we start comparing our wives' / girlfriends' apple pies ? :D

BillionPa
10-11-2006, 01:34 AM
no, because the best apple pies come frozen in a box.