PDA

View Full Version : Ot: 1997 Mb E420

jjg43
10-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey everyone,

I recently came across a one owner 97 MB E420. It is a one owner car with 102,000 miles. Included are all maintenance records and seems to be in pretty good shape. Price is $8,000.00. I would normally not go for this type of car but my girlfriend and I recently had a new baby girl and I don't want a wagon. I don't mind the fact it's an auto because my girlfriend doesn't know how to drive a stick. I think it's a good price if I don't have to put 5k into it! Does anyone know how this drive train is (4.2V8 with 5 speed auto). Are there any electric or any other problem areas. Tires are in good shape as well as the interior & exterior. I don't want to buy this now and in 6 months have to throw thousands into it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

jjg43
10-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey everyone,

I recently came across a one owner 97 MB E420. It is a one owner car with 102,000 miles. Included are all maintenance records and seems to be in pretty good shape. Price is $8,000.00. I would normally not go for this type of car but my girlfriend and I recently had a new baby girl and I don't want a wagon. I don't mind the fact it's an auto because my girlfriend doesn't know how to drive a stick. I think it's a good price if I don't have to put 5k into it! Does anyone know how this drive train is (4.2V8 with 5 speed auto). Are there any electric or any other problem areas. Tires are in good shape as well as the interior & exterior. I don't want to buy this now and in 6 months have to throw thousands into it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

I know you have some MB knowledge...