PDA

View Full Version : Help required Please asap- 3 Series Central Locking Problem

Dawn320
10-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi All

My 91/92 BMW 320 wont lock, The other night i noticed that the interior light was on so went out to check it out and the car was unlocked, i definatly locked it, since then ive had problems, I press the Fob the Alarm is activated but the doors to not lock, When I try and lock it with the key it locks then unlocks immediatley, Ive tried locking all the other doors first internally then locking the drivers door with the key but still no joy.

I have taken it back to the garage where i bought it and they seem to think it is a problem with the interior light and for some strange reason its decided to lock again, but.......... half way home the interior light came on on its own and guess what it wont lock!!

Any body any ideas? would really appreciate it

Ive only had the thing for a week, typical!!

Dawn
xx

stu1
10-05-2006, 02:24 PM
This is very possibly the interior light switch in the door - if the central locking think the doors are open it will immediately unlock the doors when you try to lock them.

KenB
10-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Don't know about your model specifically, but mine did a similar thing recently without the interior light coming on, just wouldn't stay locked.

On the e34, there is a micro switch on the door latches, mine (drivers door)was hung up or dirty, The car thought the door was open and therefore would not lock. After cleaning and working it for a few minutes, everything was fine. Your car may have similar setup, look on the the striker plate that the door latches to, it's on the body for each of the doors.

May not be the same in your car but worth a look.