PDA

View Full Version : I did some brakes on a customers 750 yesterday and

Bill R.
10-04-2006, 11:34 PM
used the akebono ceramic pads with some cheap chinese rotors. 23.00 each for the rotors, As you can see here they are blanchard ground and when i indicated them they had less than .0005 total runout. They appear to be well made rotors and the customer is very happy with the way that they and the akebono pads feel

winfred
10-04-2006, 11:47 PM
been using akebono's for a little while now and so far they have been good, no squeeling or fitment issues, haven't put them on my cars yet but my e30 m coupe suspension swap will probably happen in the next couple weeks and it will get them, the bosch ceramics i put on my truck work good, i just wish i had gotten slotted rotors for it but time was a issue and a 7k+# truck needs all of the help it can get

Bill R.
10-04-2006, 11:56 PM
complaints about them at all, with the exception that they just aren't made for that many cars yet.

been using akebono's for a little while now and so far they have been good, no squeeling or fitment issues, haven't put them on my cars yet but my e30 m coupe suspension swap will probably happen in the next couple weeks and it will get them, the bosch ceramics i put on my truck work good, i just wish i had gotten slotted rotors for it but time was a issue and a 7k+# truck needs all of the help it can get

Anton CH.
10-05-2006, 12:11 AM
That is a killer deal on the rotors. Hawks HP+ eat up rotors like no other. This would be a great way to save money. Where do you go to pick a set up?

Bill R.
10-05-2006, 12:13 AM
That is a killer deal on the rotors. Hawks HP+ eat up rotors like no other. This would be a great way to save money. Where do you go to pick a set up?

aston_jag_tech
10-05-2006, 12:40 AM
I just bought front OEM Rotors for $96+tax

stx133
10-05-2006, 01:48 AM
you guys in the states are spoilt, down here in Oz the choices are much more limited, a smaller market.

Paul in NZ
10-05-2006, 02:58 AM
more like over a hundred dollars each rotor

Dave M
10-05-2006, 07:30 AM
"The essence of braking"

I often get all teary eyed and philosophical when swerving round a moose on the highway.

Maybe they should use "1/2 the F'in price"

632 Regal
10-05-2006, 08:30 AM
BMAparts has the Opparts rotors for cheap too, they had almost no runout just like Bills brand. Probably all come from the same source.

Martin in Bellevue
10-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Those Akebono ceramic pads are great. I put those same pads, size 325 per Hawk, on the 535 last week. Those front pads are for the e38, e39, x5 fronts, & 850i fronts. They fit well and are very quiet. I have the 850i single piston front brakes on the 535.
The Hawk ceramics that were on there had glazed & become very noisy. The Ate rotors from BMA weren't that great. The runout was ok, once I scraped off a bunch of sticky junk. I had to sand down 1 spot, as the razor blade wasn't working.

Airborne001
10-06-2006, 04:50 AM
you guys in the states are spoilt

I think we have covered this in a previous post. We have all the cheap car parts - you have all the hot women.

nuff said.

632 Regal
10-06-2006, 10:40 AM
I wash the goo off with laquor thinner.

Those Akebono ceramic pads are great. I put those same pads, size 325 per Hawk, on the 535 last week. Those front pads are for the e38, e39, x5 fronts, & 850i fronts. They fit well and are very quiet. I have the 850i single piston front brakes on the 535.
The Hawk ceramics that were on there had glazed & become very noisy. The Ate rotors from BMA weren't that great. The runout was ok, once I scraped off a bunch of sticky junk. I had to sand down 1 spot, as the razor blade wasn't working.