PDA

View Full Version : the Mystery Number

Jehu
10-04-2006, 09:46 PM
This is what Turner Motorsport told me was THE number i needed to "give to BMW" to get information for them or anyone to program a modified Chip for my M60. I figured you all enjoy the unusual so have a ball figuring this one out. The number Ken wrote down off my DME is; 1744050. It doesn't resemble the usual DME numbers you need to have a chip made so i don't know what i was supposed to ask BMW what to give me with this number. I got the impression there is actual software a copy of which I'd be asking BMW to give me from the programming of my present chip which would then allow someone like Mark D or Turner's Team to program a new one but I'd like to avoid calling BMW with insufficient information so am i basically on the right track or am i all $@&%$ed up??

632 Regal
10-04-2006, 10:16 PM
what number is that? I never saw reference anywhere to a number resembling that.

This is what Turner Motorsport told me was THE number i needed to "give to BMW" to get information for them or anyone to program a modified Chip for my M60. I figured you all enjoy the unusual so have a ball figuring this one out. The number Ken wrote down off my DME is; 1744050. It doesn't resemble the usual DME numbers you need to have a chip made so i don't know what i was supposed to ask BMW what to give me with this number. I got the impression there is actual software a copy of which I'd be asking BMW to give me from the programming of my present chip which would then allow someone like Mark D or Turner's Team to program a new one but I'd like to avoid calling BMW with insufficient information so am i basically on the right track or am i all $@&%$ed up??

Jehu
10-04-2006, 10:26 PM
That is what I'm asking. When i had the car in to Turner Motorsport they came to me and said they didn't have the software for my chip.Ken, the guy who was helping me there wrote that number down i presume off the DME which he had in his hand when he came to explain why they were unable to make me a chip. I could only assume he knew what he was doing and saying but that is the number he told me i would need to get the info from BMW.Its a boggle to me.

Spasso
10-04-2006, 10:46 PM
The "SKU" number from the packaging?:p

Bill R.
10-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Here's part of it. Your number doesn't seem so unusual.

Jehu
10-06-2006, 10:52 PM
There it is , basic part number... wonder why Turner couldn't get prorgamming for this. Can i just call BMWUSA and ask if they can email me the software that i could burn to a CD and bring it to Turner?