PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Replacing License Plate Bulb

rufryder
10-04-2006, 04:34 PM
I was finally able to get some Bulbs from PepBoys. I need to replace the right side License Plate Bulbs and I have jammed in the screw driver where the arrows are shown and still no luck. Just when I started to see some scratches, I had to stop.

Am I doing something wrong? Where should I apply force to get the plate out? Or, do I even need to get the plate out to replace the bulb? Any help will be much appreciated. I jammed the screw driver where the arrows are shown, however no luck.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/9419/licplatexr3.jpg

Macv
10-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Most of those parts are held in by a metal clip. Find something thinner and dry again. Don't force it though, you've got the right idea. :)

rufryder
10-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Do I even deserve this fine beauty?!!!
Well, after numerous tries, left/right/sideways, followed even what the manual stated, nothing happened. So, I placed it on the right side (opposite from that hole) and applied 'some' force, heart a pop and crack and heard something fell (couldn't find it). Replaced the bulb, tested it by placing the key and now the piece won't go in.

The friggin' piece is loose! Apparently when I heard that crack, the crack was this tiny plastic thingy that holds the plastic piece with the metal plate.
Now it looks like, I have to glue it in somehow. Any other suggestions? I feel like smacking myself..............grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

DaveVoorhis
10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Now it looks like, I have to glue it in somehow. Any other suggestions?
Replace it. I'll bet it's cheap. Glue on springy plastic bits rarely works.

rufryder
10-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Replace it. I'll bet it's cheap. Glue on springy plastic bits rarely works.

I don't mind the cost since it will be minimal, I just hope this entire piece goes in otherwise this will be danging and making that ticking noise. I don't want to Krazy Glue this incase I have to yank it open again.