PDA

View Full Version : ***save Topgear!!***

Nick.Hay
10-03-2006, 07:47 PM
After Hamster's Jet-car crash recently, legal-heads are calling for TopGear to be axed, coz its a bad influence!! :(

The full article, and a petition to save TopGear are available here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

Please feel free to post the link in any other forums where members may be keen to add to the signatures...

Qube
10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Nah, they won't axe topgear. Jeremey for one, dines on the publicity.

SnakeyesTx
10-03-2006, 08:00 PM
We've used petitiononline for several MMO servers, television shows, and local city ordinances. Here's what I found about that service. It collects names, but has *zero* standing against the issues you'll petition against. 9 times out of 10, they'll never see it anyway. :(

GoldenOne
10-03-2006, 08:34 PM
:( Keep Top Gear Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

632 Regal
10-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I might still be wrong but I voted for Ross Perot.. ? fuk if I know man, thats what the choices were

Alexlind123
10-04-2006, 12:00 AM
http://servo.postverket.us/alex/Perot 34.jpg

CharlesAFerg
10-04-2006, 01:21 AM
http://servo.postverket.us/alex/Perot 34.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/images/hitler_adolf.jpg
Ima eat you bitch

pundit
10-04-2006, 02:09 AM
"Since George Bush, Dick Chaney, Donald Rumsfeld, Tony Blair, John Howard, Philip Ruddock, Amanda Vanstone and Alexander Downer became politicians, numerous motoring enthusiasts, action groups and random people in the street have called for these lying scum to be pulled off the air at last, stating that they set a bad influence."

E34-520iSE
10-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Nah, they've got it cracked - anything we enjoy gets taxed or banned!
Lots of people enjoy watching Top Gear. Then Richard has a serious accident, and instead of using the accident to create a positive safety message, they (the BBC and other 'authorities') consider cancelling the show. Here's an apt phrase from a recent poll on here - I live in a gay country!

Cheers,

Shaun

Yiorgos
10-04-2006, 05:17 AM
I didn't know that the BBC considered to cut the show -- I thought this was a view shared purely by bored over-paid politicians?

Booster
10-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Damn, I really hope they never turn off that show. Its a bit of England that I relly love to watch. Its done so differently than most of our USA auto shows.
I hope the English town folks learn to rally together and speak as ONE and get their taxation under control.They are hit hard over there and they know its out of control.
Best of luck to all........Vinny

genphreak
10-04-2006, 09:30 AM
"Since George Bush, Dick Chaney, Donald Rumsfeld, Tony Blair, John Howard, Philip Ruddock, Amanda Vanstone and Alexander Downer became politicians, numerous motoring enthusiasts, action groups and random people in the street have called for these lying scum to be pulled off the air at last, stating that they set a bad influence."Hahahhahh to right. Jeremy for the next US El-Presidente after that Boof-Head Devout Oil Baron Evil Incarnate Dimwit the whole world is still putting up with....

Jay 535i
10-04-2006, 09:34 AM
It's one of the best shows on the BBC, but the British gov't at the moment is fiercely anti-driver. It'll pass. One thing's for sure: Clarkson will never be in want of a job. We'll see him again. James May is great, too, but he's a better writer than presenter.

genphreak
10-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Nah, they've got it cracked - anything we enjoy gets taxed or banned! Lots of people enjoy watching Top Gear. Then Richard has a serious accident, and instead of using the accident to create a positive safety message, they (the BBC and other 'authorities') consider cancelling the show. Here's an apt phrase from a recent poll on here - I live in a gay country! Cheers, Shaun Hahhahaha, yea BBC sure is a tad conservative like most English organsiations, but they are at least known for consistency, which we so badly need in an International media as polluted as ours has become. But the commercial reality will bite too. I am sure there are more than a few insurance execs that a) are car freaks and b) love Top Gear.

Then again, it could just be the BBC just getting some PR, they really aren't stupid.