PDA

View Full Version : Please help with code in dash!!

I banker
04-11-2004, 10:21 AM
my battery died and I jumped started the car and "code tacho" came up on the display. What does that mean. How do i reset this error message.

monchichi
04-11-2004, 03:19 PM
The dealership will find the code for you. I think my dealership had to call some place to find the number.

Tiger
04-11-2004, 05:23 PM
go to bmwe34.net to learn how to reset codes...

Tiger
04-11-2004, 05:23 PM
it maybe possible that you need to change a capacitor in the cluster to eliminate that error...

OneBeLow
09-22-2007, 01:01 PM
bump, any more info on this and resetting it?

BradHouser
02-14-2008, 08:25 AM
my battery died and I jumped started the car and "code tacho" came up on the display. What does that mean. How do i reset this error message.

I Googled "code tacho" bmw and found a couple people who say this works:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-717734.html
To get rid of it, unhook the battery both positive and negative leads, and use a long screwdriver to connect the terminals together. Use something to cover the battery post so the terminals and screwdriver don't toch the post on the battery. Wait about 15 mins, and hook the terminals back up to the battery posts. Start the car and drive it around for about half an hour to 45 mins to reset the cpu. This should get rid of the Tacho code. This is not a joke.

and...

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=11458
Had same thing happen when I had to jump the battery - maybe your indy did something to the electrical system he shouldn't have?

I was able to cure my problem by leaving the battery disconnected (both leads) over night.

Tiger
02-14-2008, 09:16 AM
2004!?!? Old thread!

KühlWasserStand
02-14-2008, 10:51 AM
go to bmwe34.net to learn how to reset codes...
I'm having the same issue. BMWE34.NET site has no listing for "CODE TACHO", also holding accelerator down for 10s has no effect, maybe because its not a US spec car?.

I'm at a loss for what to do, apart from asking at a TexMex restaurant! :)