PDA

View Full Version : Fix for squeeky dash?

puppypilgrim
10-02-2006, 11:41 AM
I have a 1990 E34 535i-based Alpina whose dash causes an incessant squeeking. It is a high pitched squeek that occurs over any road undulation and even when the car is idling. All this happens without the HVAC being turned on.

In addition that seems to a something loose inside the dash since something (sounds like a screw or small part) rattles from side to side when I corner.

These two things are very irritating. Does anyone know I a fix for this? Do I need to disassemble my dash to find the source of this squeek and rattle? When are the bolts and screws to disassemble the dash?

saj3n
10-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Are you sure the sqeaking is not the hood? My hood sqeaks a bit over un-even roads as well. It came from the dash area, but when I go to my hood, and slightly pull it up and down, from the windshield area, the sqeak is reproduced.

VentoGT
10-03-2006, 09:23 AM
My glovebox rattle is driving me insane. If you figure out how to fix that let me know.

HDhandyman
10-03-2006, 10:07 AM
To the O.P -----there are several threads here about fixing various dashboard squeeks. The last one I read was about 5 months ago. Do a careful search, you're sure to turn up results.