PDA

View Full Version : thinking about knock off projector h'lights

rbeaud
10-02-2006, 11:20 AM
I need to replace my front headlamps. Anyone ever buy these?

Ebay ID:140035786307

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-90-BMW-E34-5-SERIES-EURO-CLEAR-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ00 4QQitemZ140035786307QQtcZphoto>

It's more plug and play than a cutting down the existing buckets for real Hella's. But I'm concerned about the fit and quality. They ain't cheap for nothing.

Cheers,

Roland

fkong777
10-02-2006, 12:53 PM
That looks pretty good. if your lens are cracked and pitted this will give you a fresh look. You may need news bulbs cause my US spec ellipsoid use 9006. I think it use H1 or H3...

Boone.Msi
10-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Dont BUY THOSE!!!!!

look at where its from... hong kong/USA =SCAM

ive had these in my ebay favorites for over a month and he uses the same pictures for over 3 auctions. I would be careful about auctions out of hong kong. theyre almost always scams.

If you do go against my warning let me know what happens

Macv
10-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Can't say I've heard anything good about these.

mzarifkar
10-02-2006, 02:50 PM
slightly off topic, i have purchased small electronics out of hong kong without anything fishy going on.

DABIMR
10-02-2006, 02:58 PM
How about these Smiley's? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170023905969&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1).

Anyone have any experience with them?

Qube
10-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Not bad. Though if you're at the point of replacing, your headlamp adjusters are probably toast as well... if not fallen off when you begin to replace them ;)

Please elaborate on scam. Bait and switch? Non shipment? Old parts?

Using same picture for several auctions is fine, unless you said they're the ONLY set ;)

Boone.Msi
10-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Im talking about no shipping. I havent bought from this seller but i thought i got a good deal on a laptop out of hong kong. Before i sent my money i asked around and found out that auctions out of hong kong are almost always scams. this is straight from ebay (look it up if you want) i just think its fishy since he has been using the same pics for different auctions and is located in Hong Kong.

Dont get me wrong if you chance it and actually recieve these let me know il pick up a pair for myself. I just wanted to warn everyone that i have been sold on good deals more than once out of hong kong on ebay and ended up not purchasing because they would not cooperate and wanted to talk/purchase outside of ebay via email and wire transactions.

i actually want someone to buy these and prove me wrong. I know thats an ass thing to do but im almost sure im right on this one.

NovceGuru
10-03-2006, 10:20 AM
I bought Depo's off ebay from HongKong about a year ago, was like $300 then for the smileys, seems like a lot compared to that auction.

SC David
10-03-2006, 01:33 PM
How about these Smiley's? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170023905969&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1).

Anyone have any experience with them?
I bought mine from that guy a few years ago, albeit for about $50 more :(. Good seller, they arrived pretty quick, and the lights are pretty good quality. Only issue I had was some minor leakage in one lamp, but I heated the water out with a hairdryer, sealed the glass around the chrome rings with some transparent model glue, slapped on some Lamin-X, and they've worked fine for 2 years.

DABIMR
10-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I bought mine from that guy a few years ago, albeit for about $50 more :(. Good seller, they arrived pretty quick, and the lights are pretty good quality. Only issue I had was some minor leakage in one lamp, but I heated the water out with a hairdryer, sealed the glass around the chrome rings with some transparent model glue, slapped on some Lamin-X, and they've worked fine for 2 years.
Good to hear.. Thanks..