PDA

View Full Version : Check Control Module Issue

ThoreauHD
09-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Howdy,

I had my check control module replaced 2 months ago. Replaced with a new OE part.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HE23&mospid=47406&btnr=61_0581&hg=61&fg=25

The error was Check control see owner's manual. It was gone until my A/C was recently worked on. Now the error has returned and I'm wondering first-

Where is it?

Secondly, any tips on resetting this or looking for a fault elsewhere. The check control error seems intermittant.

Also, can anyone explain what this thing does besides piss me off? Thank you.

CarloE34
09-30-2006, 02:30 PM
I suppose that thare is somthing with the a/c.

The module checks the system in youre car.It display stuff like "doors open,Light on"
Futhermore if something wrong with the system it will shows "check owners manual"

If you want to place afterwords a OBC4 boardcomputer than youre car has to have a check-control module.

See of the number of youre new one is the same as the old.It has to be

gale
09-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Check your battery. Measure the voltage between the jumper cable + post under the hood and ground. A fully charged healthy battery should read 12.65 volts or better after sitting overnite, at ~70-80F ambient temp. 75% charged is approx. 12.45 volts. 50% is approx. 12.24 volts.

Mine did the same thing as yours a few years ago. The battery would start the car ok but would usually throw the CCM fault on a Monday morning after sitting all weekend. I had the battery load tested and it checked out ok but I replaced it anyway and the message went away for good. My old battery would drop down to 12.37 volts overnite. The new one holds between 12.68-12.72 overnite.

It's only done it once since then and that was because I set the parked car ventilation for lunch and quitting time and left work after the fan had been running for almost a full 2nd half hour.

ThoreauHD
09-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Interesting. I hadn't thought of a voltage anomoly. Thank you for the background Carlo.

CarloE34
09-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Okidoki.Any time.:D

bigtallsam
10-01-2006, 09:19 AM
i'm not certain but 'check control' means there's something wrong with the ccm itself?

like i said i'm not sure but the other guys will tell us if i'm wrong - i got that mesage a while back. swapped out the ccm with one from a scrapyard and no probs since

regards

s

CarloE34
10-05-2006, 04:09 PM
You coult be right.If it is something else it would say doors or light etc.