PDA

View Full Version : Replacement carpet

Felixdacat
09-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Hello all,

Has anybody been able to find a place that sells replacement carpet for our cars? I know the dealer would have it, but would be pricey. I have tan now, but wiil be changing to black. I found one place under the forum search, and posted for samples and price. Would like to know of others. An internet search is showing everyone out of stock, or doesn't have it at all.
Thanks....Felix

MarkD
09-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Hello all,

Has anybody been able to find a place that sells replacement carpet for our cars? I know the dealer would have it, but would be pricey. I have tan now, but wiil be changing to black. I found one place under the forum search, and posted for samples and price. Would like to know of others. An internet search is showing everyone out of stock, or doesn't have it at all.
Thanks....Felix

I bought a 4 piece E34 carpet set from the BMW dealer last week for about $110 Canadian, surely in the USA it would be a similar price.

MarkD

Mr Project
09-30-2006, 03:07 PM
You must mean just the floor mats were $110. To actually replace the carpet would be more like $1100 at the dealer...have you pulled up the carpet? There's 4 inches of foam underneath!

MarkD
09-30-2006, 03:17 PM
You must mean just the floor mats were $110. To actually replace the carpet would be more like $1100 at the dealer...have you pulled up the carpet? There's 4 inches of foam underneath!

Sorry you are correct. I just bought the floor mat area. :p

Mark

Felixdacat
09-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks Mark you got my hopes ups.:D

coastguardian07
12-30-2006, 02:45 PM
I was wondering if you ever found a place to by replacement carpet? I am having the same problem and I too want it in black from tan. Thanks for your time! Ryan

RussC
12-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Might try world of upholstry

http://www.worlduph.com

Colors are limited though

RussC

Jehu
12-30-2006, 05:14 PM
I also bought the OEM 4 pc set from a Dealership having a "sale" for $105 plus 5% sales tax.I am going to say i was unimpressed with the feel of their construction but not being able to sample others such as are offered by Pelican or Bav Auto i figured I'd go with these.Better than nothing i guess.

632 Regal
12-30-2006, 09:01 PM
I dont see any pricing...any ID? looks like they also have pre-sewn leather seat replacements

Might try world of upholstry

http://www.worlduph.com

Colors are limited though

RussC

filip00
12-30-2006, 09:03 PM
here in croatia, there are some shops which produce only car carpets. i just went there, they already had measures for e34, bought 4 soft carpets (the whole set), same quality as the original bmw, around $60. i went there, and could choose the material quality - so-so, okay, good, excellent - and the color - i chose light grey - to light up the interior.

edit - the price was around $60 because i chose the best material, the less quality ones are even cheaper.

Felixdacat
12-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Sorry I didn't answer your question sooner. I sent an email to world of UPH, but they never answered my question. There is a member on another forum that is selling me his. I stopped looking awhile ago. The prices were really exspensive. You could always look in a junk yard, and find one. You could get it much cheaper, and all you will need to do is have it cleaned by a PRO. They do a real good job, and the carpet depending on how used and torn it may be will look brand new.

Good luck

RussC
12-31-2006, 10:56 PM
I haven't used world of uph yet, but Id say that a carpet kit for the pan would be ~$400?

RussC