PDA

View Full Version : E34 front wings - welded or just bolted ?

henry161
09-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Good day one and all. One of my front wings has rotted through so I would like to replace it. I can see a row of bolts under the bonnet (hood) securing the top of the wing - my question is - is it entirely bolted on or will it need a man with a welder to attach the replacement wing ?

Thanks in advance, Ed H

L11_XTC
09-30-2006, 06:07 AM
Good day one and all. One of my front wings has rotted through so I would like to replace it. I can see a row of bolts under the bonnet (hood) securing the top of the wing - my question is - is it entirely bolted on or will it need a man with a welder to attach the replacement wing ?

Thanks in advance, Ed H

its entirly bolted mate no welding required, theres a row along the top a couple on the bottom and a couple by where the door opens, also theres an awkward screw at the very front hidden by where the wing joins onto the front panel, you can just about get it on most cars, if not your front bumper/grill panel will have to come off to get to it

henry161
09-30-2006, 03:10 PM
That's brilliant news - thanks for that. I will order one up right now! This means that I can spray it in a nice warm room and then put it on myself - fantastic.
Thanks again.