PDA

View Full Version : Aircon Pump Wires?

Happy_Go_Lucky
09-29-2006, 03:52 AM
Can anybody out there with a 12/89 535 (or similar) please check for me, on the airconditioner compressor / magnetic clutch assembly under the hood, the colours of the wires on the plug. My unit's plug is hanging free, and the only compatible plug in close proximity has different coloured wires. I need to know the wire colours (3-pin plug) on the pump side, AND the side it plugs into. I'd hate to plug the wrong thing in and fry my aircon. Thanks.

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-29-2006, 02:57 PM
compressor wiring on my 90 525, I'll take a look and get back.

Mr Project
09-29-2006, 04:42 PM
There's only 1 wire for the compressor that actually comes from the body. The other 2 wires from the compressor just get shorted to each other. Sorry I don't recall the colors...

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-29-2006, 05:32 PM
the Black/white wire comes from the harness, you should have a three pin plug if your car has the compressor with the side switch.

the three pin plug on the compressor has a black and red wire to the clutch that conntacts via the plug to the black and white wire.

the other two wires are shorted black to the black and red(#2) this is actually done on the harness side of the three pin plug.

If you're wiring this without all the three pin plugs, just look at the black & white harness wire going to one of the black & red compressor wires and then connecting the remaning black wire to the black and red wire.

Not much could go wrong the black & red wires are for that side switch, and just need to be wired into the circuit.

good luck

Happy_Go_Lucky
09-30-2006, 03:02 AM
the Black/white wire comes from the harness, you should have a three pin plug if your car has the compressor with the side switch.

the three pin plug on the compressor has a black and red wire to the clutch that conntacts via the plug to the black and white wire.

the other two wires are shorted black to the black and red(#2) this is actually done on the harness side of the three pin plug.

If you're wiring this without all the three pin plugs, just look at the black & white harness wire going to one of the black & red compressor wires and then connecting the remaning black wire to the black and red wire.

Not much could go wrong the black & red wires are for that side switch, and just need to be wired into the circuit.

good luck

Thanks mate. I figured the black/white connected to one of those three, but didn't know which. My diagram shows the compressor cable to be black/white, black and black joined, but - like you say, I had black and 2 x black/red. Thanks for your help, much obliged. ;)