PDA

View Full Version : how to fix lower front passenger trim?

ronn227
04-10-2004, 04:27 PM
i hit some road garbage and i broke my lower passenger front trim. anyone know how to fix this? thanks in advance.

ronn227
04-12-2004, 12:53 PM
any help?

TimGinCentralNJ
04-12-2004, 01:46 PM
....you should check out Bruno's site (link below) on how to remove/replace them:

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/Body/door_trims.htm

If this is not what you were referring to, one possible reason why no one has responded to your post might be that your description was a bit too vague.

Hope this helps,
Tim
'91 535iM

any help?

garretb
04-12-2004, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't say it's vague. He has a picture of exactly what he's talking about.

Unfortunately, I can't help you ronn. I'm just here to make useless comments today I guess. :) Good luck.

TimGinCentralNJ
04-12-2004, 02:03 PM
...but I can see it now. I'm not sure how I'd go about fixing that either. Yikes.

Sorry I wasn't able to help either.

Rgds,
Tim G.

I wouldn't say it's vague. He has a picture of exactly what he's talking about.

Unfortunately, I can't help you ronn. I'm just here to make useless comments today I guess. :) Good luck.

ronn227
04-12-2004, 02:10 PM
haha, thanks anyway guys. i appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post.
i think i'll just go to home depot and buy some adhesive for plastic.

Hallmark
04-12-2004, 02:27 PM
What you want is to remove the bumper (this piece is attached to it) and repair from the inside with a quality fiberglassing job. I used to build homebuilt airplanes and I used the same techniques to do this repair. It came out really good too. If you know someone who can do this the repair can be made for about $20 worth of materials.

If you like, I can tell you how to do it but I reccommend you do a few practice layups before you work on your car. It's not too hard to make it indecernable from new, but it does take a little technique. How "handy" are you?