PDA

View Full Version : I upgraded!

oharab
09-27-2006, 12:37 PM
The pimpmobile is now up for sale.
The wife got a new car (Suzuki Swift if you're interested, I'm not!), so I wanted one.:D
God bless ebay and here she is!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280024952084

Gotta say, I'm very very happy. Can't believe how much power this car has and it's so effortless to drive. I've had it a couple of weeks now and I still smile every time I get in it.
This is my 1st automatic, any tips on keeping it in tip top condition, apart from not using that awesome sport mode too often :) I don't want to have to replace that in a hurry! I'm gonna be towing with this car again, I'll probably get the removable bar from bosal, but am worried about the gearbox. My father-in-law fitted an oil cooler to his Granada auto box when he was towing, I wouldn't need one on this would I?

I need to replace the radio, it's got a sony unit in it now, but it's not very good & jumps a lot. What would originally have been in? Are they any good & where can I get one from? (I like being original!) I quite fancy having an original head unit with my ipod patched into it. That would give suit me just fine, as long as the sound's any good!

Off to gaze at my new baby in the sunset!

Ben

pingu
09-27-2006, 01:01 PM
I think the autobox is plumbed in to the engine coolant system - earlier ones (or is it later ones?) had their own radiator at the bottom of the autobox. I know mine has pipes which go up to a coolant manifold at the back of the engine.

thatracer
09-27-2006, 01:06 PM
How much was it US?

Alexlind123
09-27-2006, 01:30 PM
That just not fair...

Evan
09-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I have an original head unit from my 94 540 that I can ship to you.

Not sure what it's worth or how much shipping would be.

CharlesAFerg
09-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I want a 540.

swenpro
09-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Congratulations on the great buy! You will not be disappointed with the Kashmerebeige-metallic color or the beastly 540i engine... a great combination that I enjoy myself ;) As for the transmission... consider yourself lucky that it still shifts smoothly and try to do everything to keep it that way. Read the threads about possibly changing tranny fluid every 30k miles to increase longevity.

Evan
09-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm happy with mine after paint, suspension, steering, wheels, and tires.

oharab
10-02-2006, 04:57 PM
@thatracer: About 5500USD according to xe.com.
@pingu: thanks for the info, I'll have a look soon as I can get under it.
@Evan: I may be in touch with you shortly, depends on how much it costs me to fix the latest problem...
@Everyone: serves me right for boasting: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=205246

I still like it though :D