PDA

View Full Version : Noo Bee with questions....

TheMissile
09-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Ok I may be a newbie for this site but as I'm on my 3'rd E34 maybe you'll cut me some slack ? Hmmm I thought not, so down to business.....see signature for details.....

QUESTION - Will fixing the speed sensor also fix the issue with my OBC average consumption readout ?
BACKGROUND - My OBC is messing up - it shows most of the data EXCEPT the average consumption (1 and 2) it just shows --.- ever since I hit the S/R button when I first got the car. Also the 'range' is alll messed up - stays on 690km for ever then slowly comes down as tank empties. I have "unlocked" the OBC and fiddled with code 20 to no avail. Is this related to my intermittent speedo issue ? I was a good newbie and have searched extensively so I know I should a) check the wiring to the sensor and b) probably change the sensor in the rear diff. OK. We'll see if I have the patience to do that myself BUT....is it also likely it fix my OBC problem ? PS I have also searched the OBC archives and not seen anyone with my particular problem.

QUESTION - My OBC doesnt "LOCK" again - what is the exact procedure ?
HISTORY - From this site I got a list of the codes and unlocked the OBC, BUT the LOCK procedure doesnt seem to work. When I hit the f/c button top left it just marks 'FREI' again.

QUESTION - Where the heck is the RELAY for the front wipers located ? I pulled all the relays in the front left box (one after the other) and my wipers still worked (well sort of worked, as that is the problem - 2 x internmittent and 1 x fast !!!)

HISTORY - Picked up my third E34, but second 525ix Touring a few weeks ago - a '92 issue with less than 100k KM - yes <100k. Also Swiss BMW dealer serviced its entire life. Almost pristine for the age, but a few known issues...rear harness, rear glass gas springs. I'm all :D :D as I lucked out again by finding yet another with lo mileage and low cost as my #2 had 220 k KM and was getting a little ragged.

E34 #3 is decked out with all the options I wanted - black leather, sport seats, auto AC, electric windows (#2 didnt have them in the rear, but now I could kill my kids !!), ski sack, OBC. Only real mod is an alpine 9050Ri hooked up to my ipod, JBL GTO speakers and passive crossover and a Crunch 300W amp & subwoofer in an easily removable box in the trunk. LOUD !!! The amp is screwed to the rear floor panel of the trunk - I removed the plastic jack holder and it just fits.

PS Have ordered the bentley manual (finally)

neil_004
09-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Speed sensor might fix the consumption. My sensor is on the way out but still works 99% of the time. My consumption still works.

I run around with the obc unlocked. Dont think there is any reason to lock it agian. Not sure why you are having trouble. Mine locks just fine using the same instructions.

Relay for the wipers is probably in the General module under the rear seat.

brosher
09-27-2006, 09:26 AM
525ix Touring!!! Pics man we, need pics! The folks in the US never got a E34ix. :( Good luck with your probs, I am still ironing out things on mine as well.

TheMissile
09-27-2006, 10:28 AM
525ix Touring!!! Pics man we, need pics! The folks in the US never got a E34ix. :( Good luck with your probs, I am still ironing out things on mine as well.

No ix in the US. Ouch. The 'x' is what makes this car so (much) sweet(er) for me. OK the permanent 4x4 robs a tad of power and fuel efficiency but stopping my bimmer on a hill in 5 inches of fresh snow and pulling away sans sliding ! woo hoo. Also makes for some strange looks when people see me with snow chains on the front. Some people tell me, some people just shake their heads. I just laugh knowingly !!!:D :D :D

I'll make sure to post some pics

CarloE34
09-27-2006, 03:31 PM
You need 4x4 in Switzerland:D

ix is a nice car.You loose some speed but you have a lot of comfort.
Less KM on the clock allso.Mine has 40000 on it and all the service history.16 years old.I ones bought a M635CSI from swiss and it hat 42000km.It looks like you guys don't drive often.:p
The problem for the wipers is indeed in the general module.

Wilkommen hier am forum;)

Qube
09-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Cut you some slack? Nah. Please shrink that roundel sig pic down a tad!

EDIT: revising post

nizmainiac
09-27-2006, 05:47 PM
pics please