PDA

View Full Version : Sachs Sporting Kit installed in E. Mass?

jonbrush
04-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Gruppe:

New member here, thanks DrewZ and MikeH for the idea.

I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 92 535i. This is my daily driver here in pothole-ridden greater Boston. Car has the OE Boges/original springs etc. Goal is slightly lower stance and mildly firmer ride.

I have had experienced owners recommend the Sachs set, factory sport springs with Boges, and the Dinan stage 1, and am leaning towards the Sachs. Anyone on this list know of an E34 in Eastern Mass with the Sachs installed? I would like to go for a ride or even a drive.

Thanks in advance.

Rory
04-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Gruppe:

New member here, thanks DrewZ and MikeH for the idea.

I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 92 535i. This is my daily driver here in pothole-ridden greater Boston. Car has the OE Boges/original springs etc. Goal is slightly lower stance and mildly firmer ride.

I have had experienced owners recommend the Sachs set, factory sport springs with Boges, and the Dinan stage 1, and am leaning towards the Sachs. Anyone on this list know of an E34 in Eastern Mass with the Sachs installed? I would like to go for a ride or even a drive.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Jon,

I have zero experience with shops up this way so I cannot help you there. Mighty Motors in Cambridge is run by Jim Albrecht who is a BMW CCA tech advisor. I did talk to him twice regarding a couple problems in the past and he was incredibly helpful. If I need to use a shop up here I will probably try them out first. If you are interested in trying the install yourself I can give you a hand. The rears are a piece of cake and the fronts are hit or miss depending on how lucky you get. If you have access to a lift and air tools it significantly improves the experience but they are not essential. Good luck and let me know if you need/want a hand.

Best,
Rory

Kamil
04-11-2004, 10:31 AM
http://www.germanautosport.com/

German autosport.... they're located in the north shore (exit 55 of 95 I believe)... good work, great prices, I highly recomend.
Ask for Damon, the owner.
-Kamil

jonbrush
04-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Hey Jon,

I have zero experience with shops up this way so I cannot help you there. Mighty Motors in Cambridge is run by Jim Albrecht who is a BMW CCA tech advisor. I did talk to him twice regarding a couple problems in the past and he was incredibly helpful. If I need to use a shop up here I will probably try them out first. If you are interested in trying the install yourself I can give you a hand. The rears are a piece of cake and the fronts are hit or miss depending on how lucky you get. If you have access to a lift and air tools it significantly improves the experience but they are not essential. Good luck and let me know if you need/want a hand.

Best,
Rory

Dear Rory,
Thanks for the offer. I may give it a try and will contact you if so.

Do you have an aftermarket suspension on your car? I am trying to find someone who does, so I can see what the different options feel like on our wonderful roads.

mjradin
04-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Jim C chip, short shift kit, 16" rims. Bridgestone Potenza 950's.

great set-up for Boston area. 17" rims a bit harsh if you drive in the city.

I love it.

617-832-2515