PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone - car kit installation - advice please.

mattyb
09-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Got me a blue tooth nokia genuine kit for my phone - free off a mate.

Planning to get a pro to put it in but wondering of others experiences, do's and donts, any fuk ups, etc. all advice welcome and thanks in advance for replies!!!

genphreak
09-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Got me a blue tooth nokia genuine kit for my phone - free off a mate.

Planning to get a pro to put it in but wondering of others experiences, do's and donts, any fuk ups, etc. all advice welcome and thanks in advance for replies!!!Tempting for some installers to tap power from the steering column but it is a bad move.

Drop by here one day and I'll do it for you. I have all the tools in the shop. Business hours only ;) 8am-midday M-F :D LMAO

Just make a time with me, I'm more than happy. Have done it in mine with my Siemens so know precisely what to do :) Just bring a 6-pack and we'll do it without any other help.

I don't have any aerials around though, you might need one depending on the kit.

Yiorgos
09-26-2006, 01:45 AM
I found the BlueAnt Bluetooth handsfree adapter to be a good alternative to the standard Nokia deal. The quality of the call isn't the same as a normal mobile phone call conversation with just the phone itself, but installation procedure is incredibly simple, and the device itself is portable and is easy to remove.

Am I talking about something similar, or have I read the post wrong?

mattyb
09-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Thanks lads. I have already been given the kit but i have had experience with the blue ant product.

No worries Nick that would be bloody great. havent got your number so can u pm it to me.

Cheers

Espen
09-26-2006, 04:42 AM
I have a pioneer headunit for my stereoe with bluetooth support, i placed the microfone in the corner where the A pillar meets the roof. Nice and doesnt look "retrofitted"

mattyb
09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
cheers mate. will try that

rob101
09-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Just bring a 6-pack and we'll do it without any other help.

Six pack, don't forget inflation, its now Cash Cheque or carton. most places won't accept 6 packs!