PDA

View Full Version : Are these any good?

Calico_NC
09-25-2006, 10:13 PM
I really want to get rid of my stock tail lights, and i came across these. I know they are a little cheap, but if i re-seal them, would they be okay? Also, Is this red or orange, from the pic it looks kinda oragne? Also, last ?, are there any other problems when buying tail lights? (ex: Wont fit, need an adapter,etc..)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E34-CLEAR-RED-TAILLIGHTS-TAIL-LIGHTS-5-SERIES-88-96_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33716QQihZ008QQitemZ 180031344548QQrdZ1

THanks,

-Calico

Thayne
09-25-2006, 11:04 PM
I bought mine from him. They haven't been a problem yet. The brand is Depo lights. And yes they are red

ericcamaro
09-25-2006, 11:21 PM
You get what you pay for, i would spend the $200 for the Hella brand ones and you wont regret it. I assure you that the quality is over 100% better so the price is good. try abrahams motorsports for the good ones.
www.abrahamsmotorsport.com

Yiorgos
09-26-2006, 01:40 AM
Try and get Hellas if you can -- BMW use Hella lights as OEM.

I bought Depos and you can tell they are lower quality compared to OEM. I also had to solder off a little corner of each rear light cluster globe connector on the light assembly as the globe connectors wouldn't fit.

SC David
09-26-2006, 01:54 AM
*Beware of mid-year auto mfg. changes. It is your responsibility to double-check with mfg or automotive forum to confirm fitment. Data is best of our knowledge. We are not liable for any errors. Click here for links to some guides.

= they know the lights won't fit properly. Make sure these are Depo's, which are decent quality, and if they don't fit, they can be made to fit rather easily. There is some other no-name brand that will only fit with major modifications.

Qube
09-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Haven't had any issues with aftermarket lights other than...

Always reseal. The rubber ring/gasket almost ALWAYS suck and cracks/falls off after a short while.

No matter how much I reseal aftermarket fogs, they always get condensation :| I've played with three sets. It's just me.