PDA

View Full Version : Rear speaker not working! Need a little help.

Calico_NC
09-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Today i noticed that my rear driver's side speaker wasn't working (the speaker in the back window on the driver's side). I went and opened it up, and everything seemed fine. The speaker wasn't blowed, i even tried switching to another speaker, and no luck. Everything was plugged in fine. Even if wasn't pluged in, i still think the tweeter (in the rear speaker ensemble)would still work right? But it doesn't.My question is: is there a plug or some kind of fuse that may be unplugged or blowed. This is concerning the rear speaker. The other rear speaker seems to work just fine.

thanks,

Dr. evil
09-24-2006, 11:03 PM
I would get anouther speaker that you know works and check the wire for signal. some speakers can get really hot and melt the solder(if you like loud music).

best advice i could think of is just to run a new wire from the head unit

Calico_NC
09-24-2006, 11:10 PM
how can u check to see if a wire is giving off a signal?

Dr. evil
09-24-2006, 11:18 PM
verify signal by useing a speaker that you know is good. if it doesn't play worst case senario is that the output from your headunit could be blown.

does any of your system have aftermarket components?

Calico_NC
09-24-2006, 11:22 PM
cd player is after market, so are my speakers. I tried using my previous ones, seeing that they worked b4 i took them out, but no luck with them. I can take out the Cd player and see whats going on. I probably connected some wires wrong. I forgot about that aspect of it. I feel dumb. LOL!!!

thanks