PDA

View Full Version : What would cause....

nmwaldron
09-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Oil to spit out onto the exhaust manifold under the engine on the passenger's side?
Yes, it's me again and I guess my run of bad luck continues as the problem I thought was gone hath returned with avengence.
Oil appears to have spewn from somewhere next to the lower exhaust manifold coming from beneath the engine onto the same manifold.(passengers side) I was going to order an oil pan gasket tonight, assuming that I had shrunk the options down to that but now I don't know. Does the oil pan run close to this manifold? Could that be the culprit? As most know, I've already changed the valve cover seal.
Here's some pics of what I see down there. This again is the passenger side engine manifold.
Thanks

Nathan

nmwaldron
09-22-2006, 09:44 PM
bump...help?? :)

tnt525i
09-23-2006, 05:31 AM
dude that looks to me like your valve cover gasket ,,mine had that problem last week, i bought a new gasket thinking it was the problem but when i replaced it, it leaked again.
i removed the cover and checked it only to find out that the cover is warped near the rear (near to the firewall) and thats where the leak was coming from.
the only remedy for it besides replacing the cover is to use some rtv on the cover and on the head, do not put any rtv on the gasket, only on the cover and head.
i installed it and no more leaks.
apparently thats a common problem with the m50 covers especially when living in a hot country like mine and also due to the age of the car.
hope that helps

nmwaldron
09-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks..I'll try that.

genphreak
09-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Oil to spit out onto the exhaust manifold under the engine on the passenger's side? Thanks NathanMissing the hole would do that, but it'd burn off after a week or so.