PDA

View Full Version : Just got a K&N pod... on my volvo

Michael999
09-22-2006, 03:51 AM
Spur of the moment purchase in an effort to make my old 242GT sound more like a car, and possibly increase performance.
I went to Autobarn, and asked about them, he assured me that it was high flow and increases performance and efficiency.
So i argued the price and got it for $75 along with a tiny little "drift" pod filter for my oil breather.

Got home, ripped out the old one, it wasnt very clean, lots of black muck and oily
Bent up soem aluminium and made a braket for the K&N, got the car running again and gave it some revvs, ok no difference in sound... maybe its only under load.

Took her for a drive, and here are the results.
I noticed no increase in power at all, perhaps a LITTLE faster throttle response, but it may have just been in my head.
Above 4,000rpm i can certainly hear the filter doing its sucking sound, which i really like, but its not very loud, and i can only hear it when the window is open.

Certainly wont be getting one to replace the behemoth that is housed next to my M30 :)

DanDombrowski
09-22-2006, 10:42 AM
I coulda told you that.

The oil and blowby in the intake is common for the volvo engine - I have to clean out the throttle body on my 91 240 with the B230F every 6 months or so.