PDA

View Full Version : OT sig pic

nizmainiac
09-21-2006, 05:00 PM
i've been trying to upload a sig pic but i keep on getting invalid url or invalid file , please help, thanks guys, Rob

angrypancake
09-21-2006, 05:06 PM
1) go to www.imageshack.us
2) click the litte browse button, find the picture you want, double click it, then press "host"
3) wait for the page to reload. when it does, there will be a ton of links. scroll down to the one all the way at the bottom, copy it
4) come here, go to your user control, edit sig, click the little yellow box that has a mountain looking thing in it. paste your link. or, you can just write it yourself: paste your link . No spaces. Save, and enjoy. make sure the picture is sized properly, around 70kb at most

nizmainiac
09-21-2006, 05:12 PM
thanks angry, much appreciated, btw i've got the same wheels as you, they look awsome, all i have to do now is put my suspension on to get the right stance , which should be either this week or next, they fill the arches so much more, it really completes the car :)

Macv
09-21-2006, 05:50 PM
If you download the Imageshack toolbar, you can click the pic from your files and it will import it, in correct code, into the forum text box. :)

Yiorgos
09-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Photobucket and Imageshack and all these other sites are pretty good, but with forum sigs and if your sig image is big in filesize, there is the possibility of these sites to temporarily disable access to your image file. This will result in different images in your signature saying that the image has exceeded bandwidth limits etc etc.

The best way is if you have some home page space as given by your internet provider -- not 100% sure about the States and Canada, but here in Australia it's customary for an ISP to give some space (5-10MB is the norm). I use this space for my signature, and it works great. I'm sure your ISP may have a similar deal going on with their customers.

Once your file is uploaded somewhere, just grab the address of the image (try loading it in your browser first, just the image itself), copy+paste the address into your Signature control panel, put some tags around it and you're set.

Qube
09-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Please please PLEASE keep the height low. Those 500-600px height sigs are much too big.

nizmainiac
09-22-2006, 03:02 AM
thanks guys