PDA

View Full Version : Tire Blew

Macv
09-20-2006, 08:34 PM
So I've put about 500 miles on my new wheels/tires and today my tire blew out. I had the Kumho 711. The weird thing is, it happened on one of the smoothest roads around, and it was properly filled because I check them every morning. It was a nice tear on the outside wall where the words are. I didn't have a camera to take pictures and it's already gone.

Luckily theres only a small scratch on the wheel.

What could made my tire blow like that?

632 Regal
09-20-2006, 08:43 PM
thats common with low air pressure. the tire either WAS low or you developed a leak on your drive, the heat generated will cause the side to fail eventually. Make sure you spin the wheel on the balancing machine to make sure it isnt all bent up since it was most likely driving on the rim with solid rubber between the road and rim. I drove on a leaker for about 5 miles and the sidewalls were ready to peel apart before I even noticed I was driving on a flat. gotta love these cars.

What could made my tire blow like that?

KenB
09-20-2006, 08:58 PM
I had the same happen with a brand new tire.

Slow leak from valve stem, highway speed=stranded somewhere in IOWA 60 miles from nearest Goodyear store to honor warranty.

Me and tire changing gorillas go way back...neanderthals.

632 Regal
09-20-2006, 09:33 PM
at least you had potatos to munch on while waiting.

632 Regal
09-20-2006, 09:34 PM
**** thats Idahoe, what they make in Iowa?

E34 530
09-20-2006, 09:52 PM

dirt

KenB
09-20-2006, 10:20 PM
I saw nothing but corn for about a thousand miles from Iowa thru Nebraska along with a few heifers. Took I-80 from Chicago to Denver, long days drive with the tire replacement detour in the middle of nowhere.

The guys (Billy Bob, Jim Bob, and Bob Bob) at the tire store in Bumphuck had never seen a Cragar S/S wheel and were very hesitant to mount the tire and were afraid of breaking the wheel. Hell, I don't think they'd ever seen anybody from out of state much less a couple of hippies from Jersey. Took some convincing to get them to do it so I could get the hell out of town and back on the road to ruin. They sure didn't want us sticking around for the night making the livestock nervous.

Digita1 Ecstasy
09-20-2006, 10:21 PM

Soybean lol.

632 Regal
09-20-2006, 10:32 PM
just regular truck stop chicks or ugly prostitutes? I'm trying to do a lifetime map for my son Sal.

a few heifers..

KenB
09-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Just truck stoppers, train stoppers and clock stoppers.

632 Regal
09-20-2006, 10:46 PM
clock stoppers, I have been logging them as cock stoppers, me bad.

Just truck stoppers, train stoppers and clock stoppers.

swenpro
09-20-2006, 11:51 PM

corn

corn

corn

corn

dont ask me how i know, but they definitely have lots of corn :D