PDA

View Full Version : windows up key trick..??

bigmuthatrucker
09-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I know most of you guys probably know about this however.. My key cylinder was getting a little stiff so I grabed the PB blaster and lubed it up a bit. Started moving the key back and forththen the window started going up I dont know what I did to do this but if anyone knows.. Cough up the trick to do this..
cheers
jim

brosher
09-20-2006, 12:07 PM
lol, hold the key in lock position and windows and sunroof close. hold it in unlock position and windows will open.

I've had my car 2 months and i just realized the wipers slow down when you come to a stop. ;)

Rodericb
09-20-2006, 12:07 PM
I know most of you guys probably know about this however.. My key cylinder was getting a little stiff so I grabed the PB blaster and lubed it up a bit. Started moving the key back and forththen the window started going up I dont know what I did to do this but if anyone knows.. Cough up the trick to do this..
cheers
jim

Once you turn your key clockwise to the double lock position, hold it in that position and the windows will go up and the sunroof will close provided they were opened. Very cool and convenient feature.

Rodericb
09-20-2006, 12:08 PM
lol, hold the key in lock position and windows and sunroof close. hold it in unlock position and windows will open.

I've had my car 2 months and i just realized the wipers slow down when you come to a stop. ;)

.....I didn't know that you could open the windows that way. I thought it only worked for closing them. Thanks.

hatched91
09-20-2006, 12:09 PM
my 90 535i only does up, not down...i don't know why.

steve0suprem0
09-20-2006, 12:57 PM
yeah, i only get up too. but i never knew about that wipers thing. probably since i haven't had the opportunity to drive in the rain. pretty cool tho.

BigTed00
09-20-2006, 01:13 PM
its a super cool feature.

i could do it on the e36 but i was ecstatic to learn my 16 year old e34 could do it too! Those crazy germans, always ahead of the curve

tim s
09-20-2006, 01:13 PM
tim s.

brosher
09-20-2006, 01:18 PM
.....I didn't know that you could open the windows that way. I thought it only worked for closing them. Thanks.

Yeh you are right. I was thinking about my gf's passat which both opens and closes using the key.

This is how I set the intermittant wipers:
1. turn wipers on to first position and then turn off right away
2. after desired delay has passed turn wipers back on to first position

CarloE34
09-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Mine does not go down when open but the same works allso on my remote key.
An other nice futere is to check youre speedo.Hold the right button on youre speedo and turn the key in position 2.The hole system will be checkt.
Probbely everyone allready knew that one...;)

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-20-2006, 01:52 PM
you need to go to the hospital

Fetch
09-20-2006, 02:22 PM
you can also change the wiper delay, it's in the manual somewhere.

Really??
...how, I don't have the manual

Alexlind123
09-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Really??
...how, I don't have the manual

Fetch
09-20-2006, 04:08 PM
oh lol it was right there. Thanks

Macv
09-20-2006, 07:36 PM
At first, I thought this was referring to the Windows "up arrow" key on the keyboard... :)

Yiorgos
09-20-2006, 07:54 PM
AFAIK, this is an optional extra, and not all E34s have it. I remember in the user manual that it had an asterisk next to it.

Yeh you are right. I was thinking about my gf's passat which both opens and closes using the key.

Milkboot
09-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Never noticed the wiper thing before, and we had some rain down here not to long ago, then again it was raining so bad at some points that even the highest setting wasnt helping to much :P

632 Regal
09-20-2006, 08:53 PM
ebay "aquapel"

Never noticed the wiper thing before, and we had some rain down here not to long ago, then again it was raining so bad at some points that even the highest setting wasnt helping to much :P

Paul in NZ
09-21-2006, 04:08 AM
AFAIK, this is an optional extra, and not all E34s have it. I remember in the user manual that it had an asterisk next to it.

what are you referring to Yiorgos,the wipers or the "auto close"?

Yiorgos
09-21-2006, 09:30 AM
what are you referring to Yiorgos,the wipers or the "auto close"?

I meant the programming of the intermittent wipers.
As per page 32 of my user manual:

1 - Intermittent action
The interval depends on vehicle speed. If facility for programming is available:*
Movie briefly to position 1 from position 0 to program the interval speed.
THe time before the wipers are again switched on (from position 0 to position 1) is the programmed interval (max. 20 s, twice as long when the car is standing still)/
To cancel the programmed interval, return the lever to 0 or switch off the engine.