PDA

View Full Version : Low Beam +

ljbarnhill
09-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this board and to E34's. I recently purchased a 1995, which has the HID lights installed. Low Beam + stays in my dash information area. Is there anyway to remove this, so I can use the system for other information?

Thanks,

Len

angrypancake
09-20-2006, 09:19 AM
it's the classic low beam error. if there's a + then low beam isnt the only error being thrown. press the button on the right of the little display to see what else it says. as for removing the low beam error, you have to wire in a relay. do a seach for "low beam error"

BillionPa
09-21-2006, 02:23 AM
i have another fix for the low beam msg that doesnt require a relay

2 small 5W incandescent bulbs in parallel with the wiring harness = no more errors

although there are 2 glowing bulbs when the lights are on, so put them where they wont be a problem.

angrypancake
09-21-2006, 02:36 AM
^ can you post pics? that sounds like an awesome fix.

BillionPa
09-21-2006, 02:54 AM
i can!.......

once i reinstall the 2nd bulb, there is some crazy wiring in there right now (i have lots of pics of that too) to control the angel eye rings.

right now there is a relay with a resistor in it hooked to the low beam harness where the light was to control the rings, so the error light will only come on when i actually turn the low beams on (lkm senses too little current usage?)

Paul in NZ
09-21-2006, 03:59 AM
the lkm senses an open circuit,which is strictly correct,so it thinks the bulbs are gone