PDA

View Full Version : Touring hatch

Steve N
04-09-2004, 03:10 PM
I am having some intermittent behavior on the switch that opens the rear hatch on my touring. The switch for the glass works perfect. The wiring harness has been replaced in the past and everything else works fine. Any touring owners have some guidance on how to remove the switch and or a P/N for a new one?

Don McAdams
04-09-2004, 08:51 PM
I am having some intermittent behavior on the switch that opens the rear hatch on my touring. The switch for the glass works perfect. The wiring harness has been replaced in the past and everything else works fine. Any touring owners have some guidance on how to remove the switch and or a P/N for a new one?

Haven't had any problems w/ my rear hatch latch (knock on wood), but... Have you taken the inner trim panel off to check the connection? I just had my rear hatch apart last week (put the E34 M5 Touring license plate filler on) & everything is easily accessible. Maybe give it a look- possibly the connector isn't all the way in- especialy if you have the new rear hatch harness already- Just a shot in the dark-

What color E30 M3 do you have? Any mods?

Take Care!