PDA

View Full Version : more probs

nmwaldron
09-16-2006, 08:30 PM
I just finished installing a new valve cover gasket (see post below) and I was talking the car for a test run to see how it was doing and the oil presure light came on with oil press on the display, what could I have done wrong?? What are the first things to check in this instance?

Thanks in advance.

winfred
09-16-2006, 09:10 PM
the oil pressure switch is behind the oil filter on the backside of the housing, it's not really where it can be disturbed while messing with the vc gasket

nmwaldron
09-16-2006, 09:17 PM
the oil pressure switch is behind the oil filter on the backside of the housing, it's not really where it can be disturbed while messing with the vc gasket

could the pressure have dropped because the seal isntcomplete or full between the valve housing and the cover, i.e that I didnt tighten the bolts enough or that the gasket isnt in place properly, it just seems weird that 5 mins after I put everything back together, thishappened.

winfred
09-16-2006, 09:30 PM
the valve cover has nothing to do with the oil pressure, you could run the engine with the vc off (if you didn't care about the huge mess) i can't really say what may of happened without getting my hands on it, first things first you need to figure out if you have a pressure problem or a sensor problem

could the pressure have dropped because the seal isntcomplete or full between the valve housing and the cover, i.e that I didnt tighten the bolts enough or that the gasket isnt in place properly, it just seems weird that 5 mins after I put everything back together, thishappened.

nmwaldron
09-16-2006, 09:38 PM

well, i just backed the car into my garage afterabout 30 mins not driving and the oil press light wasnt on...