PDA

View Full Version : Oh noes, check engine light!

Jon K
09-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey guys - I have a CEL, obviously, since I use MegaSquirt standalone ECU but still have the stock DME in there doing the tach and other stupid stuff. Anyway, I did a stomp test to see what codes I am pulling - I only have 1! Its kind of funny, I thought it interesting because I have no injectors, no coils, no temp sensors, no TPS, no CPS, no ... etc hooked to the stock DME, and the only thing it complains about is "1261 - Fuel Pump Control" lol. I think it's mildly hilarious. I mean, imagine if I did have big issues with my car and the fuel pump was whack - I go through and fix the fuel pump and am real excited to drive my car... then BAM all the other codes become apparent ... lol

Ross
09-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Make sure you don't have fuel pressure problems. I'd hate to see that bad boy lean out.
How much boost is this thing making?

Jon K
09-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Ross - the fuel pump warning is because the stock DME isn't controlling the fuel pump relay any more - I have excellent fuel pressure :)

This bad boy is rich as all hell... 10:1 at peak boost... better safe than sorry, but it's freaking fast before I even lean it out!

Just about 10 psi from a turbo that flows 72#/hr.