PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions about an EAT chip. Did search, nothing helpful

Felixdacat
09-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Hello all,
I'm going to purchase an EAT chip, and have some questions. I emailed Mark a couple a days ago, and have not heard from him yet. I am running a stock M30 with 19# stage 2 injectors, and will be getting a K&N cold air intake, just for a little more throttle response. With that in mind, would the stock rev be good, or should I go a little higher on the rev limit? I like to manually shift my gears.;)
Thanks for the help in advance

632 Regal
09-13-2006, 07:21 PM
you will get the manual trans engine chip wit no limiter, it's up to you to shift. Marc isn't real good with following up on emails but sending chips out I understand he is pretty good with.

Felixdacat
09-13-2006, 07:29 PM
I didn't see that one, Would that be the 6800? My dme is 179 code.

632 Regal
09-13-2006, 07:34 PM
in marks hands, cant help with DME numbers bro...

Felixdacat
09-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks Jeff, I'll try contacting Mark again.

Qube
09-13-2006, 08:19 PM
What K&N CAI are you speaking of?

Felixdacat
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm purchasing a K&N cone filter from a friend who is a dealer, and I will be adapting a 3" aluminum pipe setup to replace the factory rubber, and complete air box. This will also replace the rubber between the AFM, and throttle body. When this is all done, I will show some photos.

632 Regal
09-13-2006, 08:55 PM
This should slow the car down for sure.
I'm purchasing a K&N cone filter from a friend who is a dealer, and I will be adapting a 3" aluminum pipe setup to replace the factory rubber, and complete air box. This will also replace the rubber between the AFM, and throttle body. When this is all done, I will show some photos.

Thayne
09-13-2006, 09:10 PM
This should slow the car down for sure.

Agreed. There isn't much you can improve on the factory air intakes.

Felixdacat
09-13-2006, 09:22 PM
I remember you guys talking about this. I was thinking that I would take it to another level. I am going to purchase another intake manifold, head, throttle body, and maf. I will have the head ported and polished, and machine the intake manifold, and throttle and maf. If this has already been without good results please let me know. I know I will have to do cam and valve work also. There has to be some hidden horsepower there somewhere.