PDA

View Full Version : Ot: saw the new ford gt500 commerical

kyleN20
09-13-2006, 06:00 PM
new ford commerical is a guy shipping a stang gt500 (most powerful one) to germany, guy at the shipping counter asks "whats wrong couldent find a car you like in germany?" and the guy says no, then shows footage of him passing a cararea gt (spelling?) it was a laugh.

Derek A.
09-13-2006, 06:30 PM
http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/commercials/?id=2

Thayne
09-13-2006, 08:44 PM
LOL Entertaining commercial.

ryan roopnarine
09-13-2006, 09:02 PM
it doesn't show him on the side of the road, with smoke coming from the diff/tranny/et cetera like so many american cars imported there get. cute commercial though, not as much hate as i woulda thought.

kyleN20
09-13-2006, 10:12 PM
stang is sweet, i just like it passing the porsche, furthermore if you went to europ you would notice fit and finish is better then your run of the mill ford

ILoveMPower
09-13-2006, 11:23 PM
lol, passing a carrera gt? laugh.

Anton CH.
09-13-2006, 11:27 PM
That's great))

Michael999
09-14-2006, 04:42 AM
I passed a ferrari 360 spider in my '79 volvo, Its not hard to make your car look faster than other cars if they are driving normally..

genphreak
09-14-2006, 10:04 AM
new ford commerical is a guy shipping a stang gt500 (most powerful one) to germany, guy at the shipping counter asks "whats wrong couldent find a car you like in germany?" and the guy says no, then shows footage of him passing a cararea gt (spelling?) it was a laugh.Yea, whilst it was slowing down and pulling over :D.

Right at the point that the Mustang redlines they flash up
"Don't try this yourself. Professional driver. Not on public road"

Interesting thing is that this was shot on what very much appears (or has been created to appear), to be a public road with other cars all around, (even old Toyotas etc).

No wonder so many inexperienced drivers do stupid things, we tell them to do them in all sorts of strange, suggestive ways... especially ones that make the law look like stupid...

In Oz the advertising Industry is self-regulated. Here, they claim never to show a car driving outside the law in an attempt NOT to create a culture of driving stupidity amonst drivers (ie speeding ona piblic road, going sideways, etc.) but in the last couple of years they have started doing this more and more!

Booster
09-14-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm not a Ford fan in any particular way. I do however enjoy the old vintage GT series 350 and 500 series.Not in stock suspension or motor, but rather a auto-X prepped version.
The advertisement they've done for this new 500 is somewhat clever in that they never attempt to make the car CLAIM dominance over the Porcshe....just blasting down the road. Perception of the facts will be your reality and so be it.
You Aussie's having regulated ads isn't a bad idea at all. But then again.....every punk with a drivers license that has seen the Fast & Furious films will still do what they think is cool.Not unlike the video world they've been doused in.
We as parents teach our kids whats right and wrong while they ride with us.......what they do on they're own time behind the wheel is......well, scary as hell.
Lord knows I was a crazed Andretti behind the wheel of my 70'Datsun 240-Z at age 16. Particularly after I turboed it and lowwered the suspension etc. I did manage to have zero wrecks......but oh the carnage just missed !!:p
I like the new Chargers, Mustangs etc.....a touch of heritage in a slipping world.
.............Vinny

BillionPa
09-14-2006, 12:35 PM
the Mustang in Gone in 60 Seconds sure was hot.