PDA

View Full Version : (_o_) (_o_)

632 Regal
09-13-2006, 01:03 PM
someone attack the board? Slow as a 520 uphill into the wind with a carpet tied to the bumper this afternoon...

nizmainiac
09-13-2006, 02:15 PM
i thought it was a bit slow earlier, seems o.k. now though

632 Regal
09-13-2006, 02:24 PM
yeah, just for a little while it was really slow. wonder if it was another server attack.

nizmainiac
09-13-2006, 02:29 PM
about 4pm uk time ish, not knowing much about computers , i don't know what a server attack is, would it be hackers or some **** like that?

632 Regal
09-13-2006, 02:39 PM
something like that yes...
about 4pm uk time ish, not knowing much about computers , i don't know what a server attack is, would it be hackers or some **** like that?

Michael999
09-13-2006, 03:24 PM
awww dont tease the 520 owners. :P

rob101
09-13-2006, 04:06 PM
awww dont tease the 520 owners. :P
yes, there was a 518i you know!

RobPatt
09-13-2006, 04:12 PM
... I judged the subject line's content... and thought it'd be something funny or entertaining... won't go any further.

I was mislead, mildly. No, take that back, just misunderstood. Better yet... had the wrong expectations... :D

hope the 'net's secure, who ever'd screw w/a harmless helpfull little place like this deserves to be, well, no mercy shown to them! arrugh.

zygoteer
09-13-2006, 04:39 PM

OK ... lets tease them instead then !

nizmainiac
09-13-2006, 05:05 PM
that sounds like a good idea

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-13-2006, 05:11 PM
My server was slow because I was doing a full system backup. I had planned on installing some additional software, a wiki. Always a good idea to backup the system before installing anything new. But it turns out I need a new release of PHP, which requires me to implemen t a second server, which requires me to implement a new IP, which requires me to implement a new Router, which has been a real pain in the ass. So, that said, next wed night you'll see some additional outages as I attempt to implement a new router again. nuf saif

Yiorgos
09-13-2006, 05:26 PM
... I judged the subject line's content... and thought it'd be something funny or entertaining... won't go any further.

I was mislead, mildly. No, take that back, just misunderstood. Better yet... had the wrong expectations... :D

hope the 'net's secure, who ever'd screw w/a harmless helpfull little place like this deserves to be, well, no mercy shown to them! arrugh.

OK I have no shame in saying, I thought this thread was about ****. ( o ) ( o ) could be an ascii representation of a nice pair of juggs....

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
09-13-2006, 05:41 PM
OK I have no shame in saying, I thought this thread was about ****. ( o ) ( o ) could be an ascii representation of a nice pair of juggs....

As opposed to:

()*()

I'll let you guess...

Yiorgos
09-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Looks like a fat person bending down (thick thighs)...

angrypancake
09-13-2006, 06:14 PM
i was totally hoping for some NWS material. looks like we'll just have to make a thread!

632 Regal
09-13-2006, 06:26 PM
c'mon man wheres your mind? Thats a representation of an owl.

The Bigfella
09-13-2006, 06:27 PM
awww dont tease the 520 owners.

... and why not? I got passed like I was standing still by a 520 the other day on Old Northern Road (a noted hangout for our local traffic cops) . . when I finally got alongside him at the front of a set of lights.... he turned off!

Bugger.

632 Regal
09-13-2006, 06:27 PM
as the wheels go round... it works now so what does all the new stuff and updates/grades do?
My server was slow because I was doing a full system backup. I had planned on installing some additional software, a wiki. Always a good idea to backup the system before installing anything new. But it turns out I need a new release of PHP, which requires me to implemen t a second server, which requires me to implement a new IP, which requires me to implement a new Router, which has been a real pain in the ass. So, that said, next wed night you'll see some additional outages as I attempt to implement a new router again. nuf saif

winfred
09-13-2006, 10:15 PM
here ya go (http://www.amateurspleasure.net/cuteamateurs-658-valentine/hun.html) also not bad (http://www.allxxxpass.net/lss8/index.htm)

i was totally hoping for some NWS material. looks like we'll just have to make a thread!

angrypancake
09-14-2006, 12:21 AM
here ya go (http://www.amateurspleasure.net/cuteamateurs-658-valentine/hun.html) also not bad (http://www.allxxxpass.net/lss8/index.htm)

i knew you'd come through.

Michael999
09-14-2006, 04:43 AM

And its larger pistons helped it get off the line quicker than the tiny little 520 :P

genphreak
09-14-2006, 06:40 AM
I hack. Should I be insulted by that?
Cracking is (generally speaking) hacking with mischievous or malicious intentions.

Hacking is mostly done to acheive constructive, positive outcomes- legally.

Although I am not interested in such activites myself, I am sure the .info server is open to quite a few interesting exploits. It is the nature of Internet service delivery... if you are not always checking, reducing risk and taking care with a public system, it is only a matter of time before someone will try to collect the data (email addys, passwords etc..) and/or generally abuse the system. It is a f#$%d up world out there, some people will do all sorts of things for reasons we will never understand if we spent years learning about it. It goes much deeper on the Net than it does with gun-toting maniacs haning around North American schools.

Flamin'Cow
09-14-2006, 07:03 AM
518i ? as in a 1.8 litre engine in an e34 5-series bodyshell? - man thats gonna be poor! and I though my E30 320i was slow!

Is the 518i a 4 cylinder engine?

Did they do a 518d? - LOL