PDA

View Full Version : Back in the game!

fujioko
09-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Wow, its been a looooong summer. The E34 has been in bits since June 1st. The plan was to have the car all wrapped up by August.. alas... life gets complicated.

Anyway, today I called my insurance agent and put the policy back on the bimmer.

Gas is cheap and the bimmer ready to roam again.. life doesn’t get any better. Except it’s currently raining…

The E34 underwent a semi-major overhaul. I started by pulling the entire exhaust and re-welding a few cracks. The rear subframe was pulled and new mounts were installed. The trailing arms were re-bushed. The brakes were replaced and I finally installed the new speed sensor… Then back went the subframe. The struts didn’t seem bad prior to the disassembly so I kept them for now.

The crappy bottle caps were replaced with later model BBS wheels and Continental Contacts. I stayed with 15” for a good ride and cheaper tyres.

Yeah, not a supper amount of work… but I do have a job, life, GF and a home. Although it dose seems the woman occupies most of the free time.

The bimmer stays on the road until first snow. Then its back in the garage for a complete front suspension rebuild.

So far this year I had to replace the engine, clutch, and a few other bits. Basically by spring I’ll have a new car with only 285,000 miles.