PDA

View Full Version : indicator relay

bigtallsam
09-12-2006, 11:10 AM
hi guys,

aoplogies if this is a daft question but i'm getting conflicting info from the web and the searches i've done on this site

my e34's a uk 525

where is the indicator relay

i belive its next to the lkm in the engine bay but am also told it's underneath the steering wheel cover under the dash (i can hear something ticking in the car when the indicators are on) or are there actually two!?

regards

sam

bigtallsam
09-12-2006, 02:27 PM
ok found it next to the lkm

so whats making the clicking inside the car??

please cure my curiosity on this

regards

s

BillionPa
09-12-2006, 03:11 PM
is there a secondary relay for the rear lights?

bigtallsam
09-12-2006, 04:28 PM
oo maybe?

anyone know if there's two?

if it's only the one in the fuse box then what the hell is that ticking behind the dash when the indicator/turn signals are on

s

Fred Tyler
09-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Only one, its a dual relay 'left and right' and will be in the fuse box under hood. Can be renerred useless when shorting live wire when installing clears on rear! Ask me how I know this. $184 in Aust $23 from BMA.

Bill R.
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
lower steering column cover right next to the ignition switch. If you remove the lower steering column cover you can see it.

hi guys,

aoplogies if this is a daft question but i'm getting conflicting info from the web and the searches i've done on this site

my e34's a uk 525

where is the indicator relay

i belive its next to the lkm in the engine bay but am also told it's underneath the steering wheel cover under the dash (i can hear something ticking in the car when the indicators are on) or are there actually two!?

regards

sam

bigtallsam
09-13-2006, 02:02 AM
thnaks guys!