PDA

View Full Version : Mustang 24lb/hr injectors

albundy
04-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Have anyone installed these injectors into their cars? Is there any significant performance gains? And lastly, where to get these injectors? Autozone??

Rgds
Albundy

Jeff N.
04-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Why do you want to run 24# injectors? You'll run too rich at WOT. Many of the chip turners actually lean out the car a bit to get their results.

Jeff

albundy
04-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Why do you want to run 24# injectors? You'll run too rich at WOT. Many of the chip turners actually lean out the car a bit to get their results.

Jeff

Well my car is running extremely lean at the moment. I am running a 2.8 motor with a 2.0 DME. Since I pretty much has exhausted all options (changing dme, superchip or e.a.t), I guess the only option is to put in big injectors. Did a dyno and I am running lean from 3000rpm onwards (afm ratio about 1:11.8)

Rgds
Albundy

Martin in Bellevue
04-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Lean from 3k rpm up sounds like restrictive fuel filter.

After changing the filter & all soft lines, I'd look at the pressure regulator & pump with a fuel pressure gauge.

Is there a power adder causing the need for increased fuel from stock?

632 Regal
04-09-2004, 10:50 AM
changing the injectors will only temporarily change the amount of fuel, the DME will adjust accordingly so I feel its a complete waste of time if thats what your trying to accomplish.