632 Regal
09-11-2006, 11:17 AM
does this combo need bumpstops?

632 Regal
09-11-2006, 06:45 PM
or not?

Mr Project
09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Is there any combo that does not need bumpstops?

Why wouldn't you use them? Cheap insurance to protect the shocks if nothing else.

genphreak
09-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Is there any combo that does not need bumpstops? Why wouldn't you use them? Cheap insurance to protect the shocks if nothing else.slammers like to be wammers... :D Jeff likes to ride low and hard.

'ssup Jeff; are all the bumps getting to you now you have no travel, or are you asking us if anyone makes twin tube shocks with built-in stops for the rear of an e34?

632 Regal
09-11-2006, 07:42 PM
I would like to raise the rear an inch for travel. dont have any stops in stock and hate to order em...lol. maybe the piece that came from the fronts will be adequite

slammers like to be wammers... :D Jeff likes to ride low and hard.

'ssup Jeff; are all the bumps getting to you now you have no travel?

genphreak
09-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Maye this is why the rear shock mounts deterioriate - ie it is the lowering of our cars without M5 trailing arms that can do it. By this I am inferring that something has to stop the suspension travelling at some point and since stock there are no stops I guess the next conclusion is that its the mount that does the stopping work (thinking of all those people sporting busted ones I've seen online).

However, that said- looking at the bolt that holds the lower part of the rear shock Jeff, I don't think it is designed to take too much vertical shock ;) what is it, an M10 on edge - mounted so that the shank of the bolt is in shear!?!