PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer - Newbie Section - Newbie Owner

rufryder
09-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey everyone,
I just joined this forum and just purchased my 1st '02 530i yesterday and already loving it, even though I don't know what its capable of. :) Landed on this thread while doing the search on the net and I'm glad I found Bimmer Owners thread.

Anyhow, wanted to say hi and I hope I do not upset anyone by posting/creating a new thread. (I did read the Newbies Must Read section).

Cheers

angrypancake
09-10-2006, 08:40 PM
we love newcomers. unless youre trying to sell us cell phones. welcome!

Alexlind123
09-10-2006, 08:44 PM
welcome. you will notice that most of us drive e34s, but that doesnt mean that this wont be a valuable resource for you.

rufryder
09-10-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm gonna feel like a real idiot...but I will raise my hand and admit it though.........
just found out about the e34s, etc.. :D

by the way, anyone interested in signing up for Free iPods?
j/k :)

632 Regal
09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
We have a keeper folks...

by the way, anyone interested in signing up for Free iPods?

ILoveMPower
09-12-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm gonna feel like a real idiot...but I will raise my hand and admit it though.........
just found out about the e34s, etc.. :D

Much better to see someone thats willing and wants to learn than someone who acts like they know it all already :)

Your car is an E39, just FYI.

BillionPa
09-12-2006, 03:00 PM
the E39 530 is the one with the good steering right?

rufryder
09-26-2006, 09:14 PM
the E39 530 is the one with the good steering right?

I apologize for being complete idiot in this, however I don't know ANYTHING other than I love the friggin' car and recently started to do some research on it. The steering has an "M" and I was told that it has the sports package (I don't know how to verify any of this yet).

Thanks for the poster above for letting me know it's E39. And, thanks again for the warm welcome.............and apologize in advance for asking silly questions. Then again, I'm told there are no 'silly questions.'.........yeahh whatever. :)

Denton
09-26-2006, 09:30 PM
www.bimmerforums.com
www.roadfly.org
www.m5board.com (mostly E39 M5s)

And there's more but those are the places I look at.

Put pictures up and welcome. I'm a n00b here too.

We can tell you all about your car, or at least I can because I'm an E39 guy. ;)

Brandon J
09-26-2006, 10:19 PM
I apologize for being complete idiot in this, however I don't know ANYTHING other than I love the friggin' car and recently started to do some research on it. The steering has an "M" and I was told that it has the sports package (I don't know how to verify any of this yet).

Thanks for the poster above for letting me know it's E39. And, thanks again for the warm welcome.............and apologize in advance for asking silly questions. Then again, I'm told there are no 'silly questions.'.........yeahh whatever. :)

There are many e34 owners that have moved to the e39 or also have an e39 BMW. So, if there is a question you have you can always ask here. If there is an ///M on the steering wheel, it is a good indicator that you do have the sport package. Other components to look at are if it has: sport seats, the 17in rims, if a manual an ///m on the knob, no chrome around the windows, and if you drive others non sport e39s yours should handle better.

The 530i is a great balanced e39. With only minor/few massaging modifications, you will personalize and enjoy your BMW even more. Any pics?

Thayne
09-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Welcome to the board! :D