PDA

View Full Version : Stupid F$#^@#& Hoses! >:o

SnakeyesTx
09-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, I think I found my leak. There's this stupid little curvy hose that comes out of my air box (wtfuxup with that) and goes into the bottom center of the intake it looks like.

So... do I really have to take the whole friggin' intake off just to get to this stupid hose?! Who the hell designed that damn thing?! I'm staring at this intake thinking... that's a lot of crap to take off just for one stupid hose.. and why's it going to my air box!?

632 Regal
09-10-2006, 01:47 PM
I think thats the hose you have to work blind with, cant see where it goes but can feel where it goes.

SnakeyesTx
09-10-2006, 01:48 PM
the clamp screw is facing the firewall on its bottom half... dead center under the 3 and 4 intake runners :(

billb
09-10-2006, 01:53 PM
the clamp screw is facing the firewall on its bottom half... dead center under the 3 and 4 intake runners :(
...you've got to be patient and sneaky, but it can be done. I've done it on mine a few years back, but can't remember the pointers. I believe that hose going to the airbox helps prevent throttle plate icing, which was a real problem on the M42.

winfred
09-10-2006, 02:28 PM
a 5 or 6mm socket and a u-joint with some extension helps

if you are real slick you can stick the extension/socket through one of the holes in the intake

SnakeyesTx
09-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Update ... got it out, got a new bulk hose in but it fit kinda tight. Drove it about 5 miles, coolant temp warning came on. Opened hood, found the switch in the air box had the nipple snap off on the nose I just put on X_X

What's that switch called? Is it just a CTO switch?